📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Doing end of week posts instead of daily.
Short daily updates are in my home post.

3 days into the challenge! I finished 人狼サバイバル 絶体絶命! 伯爵の人狼ゲーム which I was halfway through at the start of the challenge.

Some no spoiler thoughts on 人狼サバイバル 絶体絶命! 伯爵の人狼ゲーム

Had a great time reading. The theme was interesting. Because the story is told from the protagonist’s point of view, I was as confused (and even a little bit anxious!) as the protagonist to what’s going to happen next throughout the story.

I’m not sure if the series is going to be a continuous plot from one book to the other or will it be more episodic. I hope it’s the former. Will be getting the next book in the series to find out.

General reading experience thus far

Tbh, I encountered many words I didn’t know or grammar that I’ve yet to learn. But my main objective for reading now is to get used to… reading, hah. So my strategy was to simply continue reading without stopping to look things up.

I could eventually infer the meaning of some words as I continued the story, but there were also some which I couldn’t. For the words I could infer, some appeared so frequently that I eventually learnt them. For those that I couldn’t, they didn’t affect my understanding of the overall plot which was nice.

I plan to revisit a book in detail if I find myself still stumbling with certain words or grammar after awhile. But for now, I’ll be focusing on simply moving forward. Go go go!

The book clubs just started a new week, so I’m in the middle of reading through the chapters for them now (ハピナス and 夜カフェ(1)). Will pick up a new book starting next week!

27 Likes