📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

June 20 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

I started off with some 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ today and my brain was not vibing with the way this scientist guy was talking :joy: I’m sure it’ll be fine when I go back to it, I just did not have mindset for it at the time so that’s a later adventure!

I did play a bunch more バディミッションBOND because of course I did; it has a lot of goofs and it’s always fun actually finding them funny, that can be rough with the language barrier. All the characters are just wild enough that it comes across no matter what :laughing: Like I’ve said all the speaking styles are pretty distinct, but seeing more of how チェズレイ talks has been interesting. He’s definitely polite in like a “serving the young master” kind of way, but since he’s the way he is it’s also kind of condescending :joy: But yeah he even uses stuff like 殿(どの), plus a whole bunch of music terms and metaphors for flair, so he’s an experience for sure.

~ BOND things ~

Some wild stuff happened plot-wise for sure, but a lot of it was just fun interactions which like!! Yeah I’m down! :grin: Give me goofs before the angst inevitably hits again haha. ルーク is so precious, he went to モクマ’s like meet and greet for ニンジャジャン because he loves heroes :pleading_face: He’s by far the most wholesome character, good balance for the unending chaos surrounding him, RIP this man.

アーロン is… less than delicate :joy: And yet ルーク thinks pretty well of him:

Cue アーロン straight up growling and ルーク being like “I think my standards are broken” lmao. アーロン growls like… a lot, he really lives up to the beast name; he even sleep-growls?? Absolutely wild :joy:

This man… it’s pretty impressive coming off as extra by the standards of this world but he is sure there, absolutely amazing :joy: I’m really curious to learn more about him actually, he’s interesting; like yeah his whole human manipulation thing, and the crazy disguise skills, but I’m curious what’s actually going on with him as a person too. Like yes he has no problem being rude to people within his polite facade, but it doesn’t really seem like he thinks very much of himself either? It’s like everything’s an act, everything has a purpose; there are definitely some identity issues in this man. He fully offered to present himself as an entirely different person if ルーク preferred that, and I don’t entirely think he was kidding, which… yeah, he’s complicated! Him and モクマ are really interesting too; he continues to be the only one seeing through モクマ’s goofy facade to how he really feels about things, though today that feeling was intense rage towards チェズレイ sooo… complicated again :laughing: But yes he’s also absolutely savage:

I’m always big on characters so none of this is any surprise really, but I really like all of them :grin: they’re a lot of fun!

22 Likes