📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Main Post

On monday evening I started reading 銭天堂 and I had noticed I made a mistake with the title. I wrote 和菓子屋 instead of 駄菓子屋. I fixed that now. The first chapter was pretty interesting and was able to finish it in one go. Not sure how long it took, but it did get late. Slowly getting used to more hiragana. I also found it interesting how furigana was used. They would introduce a word or name added with furigana and then stop using it for a while. Later on they did add back furigana, so I’m thinking they went with feeling rather than a general rule.

Because they all have different stories I thought it also felt more natural to take a break the next day and start reading 猫奥 vol 1. This manga is all about the life inside the woman quarters of Edo castle called 大奥. Basically a system inside a system to serve the shogun. The main character is one of the court ladies that has scary expression on her face. It has become pretty popular that they get cats to pass the time, but she never got one. Her senior ladyship does own a cat called Yoshino and he keeps going to her place all the time. It’s a pretty funny contrast and the cat is pretty cute.

猫奥 1

Took some screens from the first 6 chapters (they’re pretty short ones) that kinda sells the idea of the series. I’ll be reading this alongside 銭天堂 for a while.

26 Likes