Re Zero Volume 16 Discussion thread

Finished Chapter 1. A lot of set up and catching up with where our characters are after a year. I was hoping for a different ending to this chapter that would make me go “LET’S GO” but it seems like that’s not what this series does xD Arcs go for about 5 or so books, so I guess I gotta get used to the slower pace. I like that there is a lot of conversation compared to some of the other books I have been reading so I feel like there is movement in the story. I am getting lost here and there though but nothing that seems to be like SUPER essential.

1 Like

Been so very long since I’ve read this (wow, volume 16, we’re on 32 now), so I won’t be able to help with summaries but I might be able to help with specific paragraphs/sentences if you post those.

This arc has a bit of a slow start since it’s more of a super arc start (arcs 1-4 being the first group).

Also, hi to my fellow club readers. It’s been a while :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am used to 青春ブタ野郎’s self contained stories. And it’s not a problem really. I watched the anime and know sometimes you’re just kind of getting updates on where everyone is at.

Same here. I remember that Otto did became responsible of internal affair and that Garfield, Subaru and Otto got closer.
Your summary does rings some bell but I can’t confirm much.
The beginning of this arc is slow but don’t worry it will pick up the pace. I prefer arc 4 than arc 5 but it was still very enjoyable.

I stopped at 28 long time ago ha ha. I should go back but I’m so engrossed in eminence of a bookworm I just can’t stop.

2 Likes

Oh! How far are you now?

1 Like

almost finished volume 26. I will need to buy the next one

1 Like

Oh, my favorite part in the whole series starts around volume 28! You’re almost there!

1 Like

Then I can guess my addiction will get stronger then

1 Like

I am getting really used to the writing style now and can visualize things much easier. Suburu kind let the mask slip a bit in front of Anastasia, so I’m excited to see what happens in the rest of this chapter. But Pristella seems like a bit of a Water 7 rip off but I love it anyways xD I mean, Venice can’t keep all the water cities to itself, amirite?

1 Like

The last bit of chapter 2 was a bit confusing. It seemed like Subaru and Ririana tried to get the 魔晶石 early by negotiating and failed? But the next chapter it seems like it had 0 consequences and they’re just gonna try again? I was pretty lost there. But we finally bumped into the character on the cover I think. I don’t think I’m gonna read sub chapter 2 of chapter 3 just yet.

If I remember correctly. Ririana just burst into the meeting with Subaru. I think they just postponed the meeting because of that. The reason why it had no consequence is prob because Kiritaka(the guy they are negotiating with) is in love with her and that Subaru helped him in the past.

2 Likes

Ok. I got the part that everyone was there and they kind of busted in. I just needed that little bit to get things straight. Thanks!

1 Like

Got to Chapter 4… I spent 5 days reading about people getting closer and having dinner together. At some point, something has go to give. I want to quit reading this book. I need a break or something. This is torture.

1 Like

you don’t like peaceful moments? I liked that part because there is lots of chara development/world building and lots of interesting bits of info.
I will reassure you that this arc is alllllllll about fights. Like when it starts it’s never ends. I don’t think that counts as a spoiler just an encouragement for you to read farther

3 Likes

I don’t mind for one chapter but 3 chapters of zero conflict that will probably make up 2 episodes of the anime I’m feeling my time being wasted. Maybe once the anime comes out I’ll get volume 17 and do things that way.

1 Like

Sad that you don’t like the peaceful moment but everyone has their own tastes. Hope you will still continue reading

1 Like

I probably will in a month. I flip on a dime when it comes to reading. Sometimes I just need a break.

1 Like