Questions about learning

Could I suggest a (maybe not so simple, yet tremendously effective) different aproach?

I was using the Core10K Anki deck as library to create my own deck of known vocab in Anki. I would activate any card in that deck once it actually came to my attention. That saved me from doing most of the cards, though I do still probably 10% of them. But basically I only added words I have heard, learned the kanji and are comming in WK, or heard in some show repeteadly; so there’s some context to grasp new vocab.

After that I do this, and that brings both the context thing and all the routine to a whole new level. Keeping it all graded to my knowledge.

The sentences from that routine (that come from the shows I’ve watched, I’m watching or will watch soon enough) become later my listening practice, and ultimately my shadowing practice… so I recycle a lot, and even if I know the word and the whole sentence after some months I keep making use of the cards… eventually I will suspend them when no longer useful.

Anyway. I think it’s a great, free and highly customized way to learn, keep yourself motivated, and get yourself acquainted with immersion, if your still doubtful of actually immerse yourself just yet.

1 Like