Printout for kanji study/writing practice using the Iversen Method

I see… lol

1 Like

:open_mouth: Thank you for this! Quickly saves the sheet for future use.

My kanji reading skills are pretty good, but if I was ever asked to actually WRITE one, I think I might just burst into flames, or at least experience this:

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2

6 Likes

I’ve been using this method for the past 4 months now. I didn’t print out any sheets, I just use a notebook and draw some columns and then go across both pages. [Kanji or vocab - hiragana reading - English] x4. I add an item every time I get it wrong in my reviews, and then do the method whenever I get a seat in the train or am out and about and have some time to kill. I’m still a really slow learner, but I really feel this method does help a lot.

1 Like

I think I should start this too. maybe input my whole leeches list. Some of those have been bouncing around for way too long…

1 Like

thanks! I think this looks helpful

1 Like

Has anyone used this method with more than two languages per item?

As I’m currently studying multiple languages (all a little bit daily, but with very different methods), I’m wondering if I should try to adopt this method for some of those.

Not sure if I understand your question. You mean like for example studying one word learned here, then answering the same word in say english and spanish? If so, yes. I’ve done that, works good.

I’m also using this method to increase my english vocabulary using another website.

Either way, i’d say give it a chance, you’ll see if it suits you or not after a little while.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant. Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ll give it a try.

Thanks for this resource @Leebo! I wanted to share a PDF version I made (on my Google Drive here) in case anyone is interested in using that as well.

I wanted to print double-sided sheets to save paper, but found it difficult to use my printer’s built-in prompt to do it with an image file. When I tried to convert it to a PDF, it was quite distorted so I figured I’d just remake it.^^

It’s formatted for A4 paper, but since it’s a PDF file, it should resize to any sized paper without distortion! Hope it helps!

3 Likes

I’ve nothing of value to add but wanted to say that this is the method of learning we were assigned for homework in the Spanish classes I was in so long ago. I never knew it had a name!

If you don’t want to use a printout, you can fold any sheet of lined paper into 4 sections and use the folds to hide columns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.