Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

I kinda explained the reasons on discord, but I’ll say it again here, I change my username/use fake names a lot on the sites I go to since I don’t want to have any bias linked to my username, or name if I eventually publish, those who know me know me and i’m fine with that, but changing my username allows for a less evident bias when talking to other. It also has to do with my transition/change of identity, because as time passes I find myself juggling between different names, and I kinda like it that way!

3 Likes

I see, that’s actually an interesting way of seing things! Personally I don’t think I’d have the patience to manage usernames like that, though.

Anyway, you do you and is good to know beforehand these changes will occur repeatedly xD

3 Likes

Since there is a monthly interval between changing names on WK, expect a name-change around the 21st of every month :eyes:

4 Likes

On to other topics:

I actually like what they did with Mexico, using the elements in our flag in ingenious ways. That eagle sure looks badass, wouldn’t want to mess with that guy.

And regarding Kanji studies, this is the only 麦 mnemonic I need:

6 Likes

@SuperSnoopy Thanks, but I think everyone would be a bit overwhelming to start. I’ll figure it out and see how I like it first. I’ll probably start by adding some of my rivals and other people I’ve interacted a lot with and then slowly add everyone acting in this thread. :slight_smile:

@Sinei Welcome to team Sky! Where we soar into the future on blessed wings. :rainbow:

3 Likes

Someones knows what’s up :smirk:

3 Likes

And also, happy level-up @stars-and-onsen!! You’re one of my original rivals! Keep it up :sparkles:

4 Likes

Leaderboard started now. Woop. Mostly populated it with people I’ve exchanged messages with before and/or really admire, and/or that are active in this thread! いっしょにがんばってね!

7 Likes

@Kawa-Cocolada How did you like my previous message almost a second before I pressed reply to post it?!?!?!

O.O

5 Likes

You wouldn’t want to know how much time I pass on this forum

8 Likes

Get back to work, lazy otter!!

5 Likes

It’s technically my lunch break but I’m launching analyses so I’m waiting on them to finish before I go to lunch. I slacked off on my reading in the past week but I never dropped my WK schedule, pinky promise tonight I learn some grammar and read tokitoshou a bit more!:eyes:

5 Likes

Alright, I’ll let you off then :innocent:

2 Likes

Mentioned at work today that I got my hands on tickets to 2 of the events. Apparently a ton of people applied for tickets and other than me, only one person got in. ._.

4 Likes

They really payed attention to all of the elements of our flag. Cool!

But my favorite proverb is the one from argentina:
眠っている海老は流される。
The sleeping shrimp is carried over by the stream!

7 Likes

The Dutch guy looks a bit bored :frowning:

Also the proverb is “De kat op het spek binden” or “Binding the cat to the bacon”, which literally means to tempt someone in such a way that they cannot resist. :smirk:

9 Likes

oh, so cool! I got inspired and started one too :sparkling_heart: didn’t even know it was a thing.

now, I’m keeping tabs on some of you, watching if you level up nicely (¬‿¬ )
aand checking if someone tries to outrun me hihi

4 Likes

Just added some of y’all. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m actually curious on how they found/chose the proverbs for each country. The one for Mexico I thought wouldn’t be popular enough to be even thought of, caught me by surprise xD

Someone is going for that Regular status :eyes:

4 Likes

Congrats on the level up @carlostdev :see_no_evil::rainbow: