Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

A year’s studying in the making, plus a huge amount of money for tuition, etc. But I’m very happy about the result! I know from when I took English from just a subject to learn in school to a private hobby I could already read (even fantasy). So going from that to fully fluent was the work of some years (and some happy circumstances were I suddenly spoke English fairly regularly with some Brits), but it was entirely possible without official study and mostly just reading a ton. :slight_smile:

I expect to still need to study Japanese for a while yet (as I said, I was better at English by the time I took an interest), but I can see that ending, right about the time I finish WK and BP. :angel:

3 Likes

go go @Redglare!!! :fire: :fire: :fire:

9 Likes

You’re so cute, haha
I’ve been refreshing my leaderboard every chance I get to not miss @Redglare’s final victory :eyes:

So gogogo Red! You can do it!!

10 Likes

I normally don’t do this kind of thing, but…

congratulations to @Redglare for reaching level 60 a few seconds ago!

13 Likes

@Redglare, my endless rival :heart:
You’re the one I could never catch and now you did it!! I’m so proud of you :sparkles:
350/400 day streak is coming up though, so don’t start slacking yet :eyes:

8 Likes

@redglare oml congrats!!!

7 Likes

Congratulations on getting the cake :cake: @Redglare!!! Thanks for being one of the first Olympians of Wanikani™ and bringing rose-colored cheer to this thread ever since!

10 Likes

aaaaaaahhh

I finally got cake! :cake: :sparkles::durtle_love: I’ll savour it as I power through the rest of my reviews :muscle:
Still got a few left :laughing: image

@VictorLino Thanks for being really proud of me ;-; I love that gif :heart:

@arina22 Thank you for cheering me on! x3 :fire: Not too far until the day you get cake too! :cake: :sparkles: :eyes:

@avalia I did it! :heart: While I’ve been a bit busy recently, I certainly haven’t been slacking off! I’m ready for special streak day :star_struck: (My rival, you’re probably better than me at grammar :eyes: Watch out, I’ll catch up!)

@Ditto20 Our honorary (non-)Olympian x3 Thanks for always being there for me :revolving_hearts:

@Pep95 Thank you! I really appreciate it every time you cheer us on :relaxed:

@kitsunensei Ohhh! Thank you so much, you’re so sweet x3 :rose::sparkles:

I hope everyone has a nice day :relaxed::heart: Ganbatte with studies and stuff! Redglare believes in you! :sparkles:

18 Likes

Congratulations, Redglare! Nicely done, nicely done!

5 Likes

I believe in the @Redglare that believes in me!! :smile:

Congrats on reaching the fabled cake, @Redglare-先輩 :star_struck:

8 Likes

You did it! You proved me wrong and beat me to 60!!! Please enjoy this cake I lovingly fetched from Google in your honour.

8 Likes

Guys, I miss my leaderboard :sob: and the Ultimate Timeline is also greatly missed…

How do you cope with the new changes to the dashboard?

4 Likes

I’m using Tsurukame to kind of compensate for the lack of functionality, but it’s not ideal (Mobile Allicrab used to be better for telling me if I had current level reviews to do, but Apple killed it :frowning: )

As for the leader board… yeah, that’s a NG. Is the script being maintained?

3 Likes

Yeah, Flaming Durtles is keeping me posted about my stuff too but it’s kind of a bother since I usually do my reviews on PC :confused:

No idea, to be honest, but I just added like 10 people to the board to keep me motivated :sob:

3 Likes

@carlostdev The ultimate timeline had an update, that after pulling manually made everything work :innocent:
by adding this code to line 194

'.forecast {display: none;}'+
            '.dashboard .progress-and-forecast {grid-template-columns: 0;}'+
            '.dashboard section.lessons-and-reviews li {flex: auto !important;}'+

the forecast is nice and gone too!

4 Likes

Awesome! Didn’t think of manually updating my scripts :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

おめでとう @tupuliini!! You really did it!!!

8 Likes

ありがとうございます!!:heart_eyes: I’m quite proud of myself!

10 Likes

Congratulations! Nicely done! ALL THE CAKE! :cake:

8 Likes

Congratulations!!! :heart::sparkles:

6 Likes