Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

Thanks! I’m nearing the final push now. Feels good to know so many kanjis before leaving for Japan next year.

8 Likes

ありがとうございます!ちょうexcited! :star_struck:

5 Likes

You’re just the best, you know? Thank you for always cheering everyone on it really makes a world of a difference! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

+1 @Pep95 thanks for always cheering everyone on!

On a different note, is there a list somewhere of which levels are fast? Wondering if I have a prayer of making it in time for the Olympics now if I take those at max speed…

9 Likes

Fast levels are: 41, 43, 44, 46, 47, 49-60. So essentially every level starting 41 except 42, 45 and 48.

7 Likes

Huge congrats to @redglare (Just one more level to go!!!), @madtapa, @plantron, @carlostdev, @tigrennatenn, @kitsunensei, @missdagger and all other levelers this past week! You are all very very awesome! :notes:

I have finally reached the point where > 30% of the kanji per level are actually new to me, or at least the reading is… It is getting harder and harder to keep up the 7 day pace, but I would really like to reach 60 before September, so I’m not slowing down yet :smiley:

7 Likes

Yay, onwards and upwards to Paradise!

4 Likes

I’ll be right behind you!! with like, almost two months :rofl: Gosh how even small level gap might take so long…

5 Likes

I’m planning to reset from 41 to 31 in about 2 to 3 weeks (@MissDagger knows why :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

3 Likes

Y-you know why! :green_heart:

(In fact I had to go searching back in this thread to be reminded. I did not remember… :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

Gosh, that’s so many. I don’t know if I’ll be ready when they come up… we’ll see >_>

5 Likes

Glad to see that I will make it in time. Is Koichi going to give us an “Olympian” title? :smiley:

6 Likes

They do not plan on creating an Olympian title currently. I still have that small belief that something could happen at the end, but for now it’s not on the bucket list. :speak_no_evil:

edit: added reference

5 Likes

I forgot to like a few hundred posts or so, so I will correct that in the days to come. Love y’all :heart::heart: Keep being strong! You can all do it.

If you stopped for now (or for a moment), just like I am doing because life, it is also obviously fine! You have progressed, you will progress in the future, and there are plenty more you could do in the meantime that’s less mental charge for you, we will be waiting for you, be it in this thread, or another race, or on the forum in general :wink:

11 Likes

You can always opt out! (in theory…) If you spread the kanji out over a few days, you’ll get a 6 or 7 day level, which is probably more manageable. Fast levels are the ultimate pick-your-pace.

*from someone who decided to do fast levels fast and is positively swimming in reviews, augh! I keep telling myself that at this rate I will only have new lessons for another 6-7 weeks (after which daily reviews should immediately decrease by 60+, and by another 60 or so within a couple days), but it’s going to be rather rough in the meantime!! (and I’ve only done 5 fast levels so far…) I chose this for myself based on the math of reducing time to level 60 by about 8 weeks (3.5 days less/level for 16 levels, not counting 60) being worth it to me (based on life-stuff timing).

5 Likes

Hoo boy, my frequency on these is getting worse by the week :frowning:

Congrats on levelling up:
@redglare for getting to level 59 (:open_mouth:) ,
@arina22 for getting to level 52,
@victorlino for getting to level 50,
@avalia for getting to level 50 (two levels!),
@madtapa for getting to level 49 (two levels!),
@biscui for getting to level 48 (two levels!),
@_shiori for getting to level 48 (two levels!),
@nicoffee for getting to level 44,
@supersnoopy for getting to level 43, and
@plantron for getting to level 40

12 Likes

@tigrennatenn for getting to level 37,
@here34 for getting to level 37,
@ditto20 for getting to level 35,
@ematan for getting to level 35 (two levels!),
@kitsunensei for getting to level 28,
@klrvm for getting to level 27,
@missdagger for getting to level 23, and
@izildop for getting to level 16

Special congrats to

@carlostdev for getting to level 41 (two levels!)
That’s Paradise babe-y
(I think this one is your paradise?)

@thelastswitch for getting to level 31
You have reached Hell!
The final bad sounding stage of levelling up :open_mouth: (unless you count reality as bad)

10 Likes

Thanks! I did an unusually fast level because my Japanese language school decided to not have lessons this week and tomorrow we’ll learn how the last 1.5 week of the term will look like. Japanese language school is soon over for me and it did what I hoped.

I have a solid grasp on Japanese and can tackle reading by myself without too much trouble (as long as I pick my reading material in a smart way, fantasy/SF would still be very far away for me). Basically I have a good grasp of most of N3 (and everything before that) plus a vocabulary that covers a lot of everyday Japanese. :smiley:

My focus after school ends will be do speed up a bit on WK, and bit by bit make my way through the rest of BP grammar (not even half done with N3 there, even if I have gone through a lot of it in classes). Along with that I will be reading. ^_____^

So yeah, extra time this week meant I front-loaded extra lessons at the start of the week and those reviews will taper down right by the time I get back into school for the last week and a half and after that I can see how high a pace I can keep comfortably when I don’t have classes.

9 Likes

That’s SO AWESOME!! Super jealous of all that reading you can do!! :smiley:

6 Likes

I apologize, I’ve been rather inactive lately, but a big :sparkles: thank you :sparkles: for all the support from everyone in this thread and the congratulations when I level up - it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy ;^;

I need to try and motivate myself back into regularly studying non-Kanji-related Japanese - gosh, it’s hard with how busy life has been. But reading about everyone’s accomplishments here makes me feel like I need to pull myself together too! 一緒に頑張りましょう!

8 Likes