Ok WK.. if you say so.. (strange mnemonic)

For 付く(つく):

"This is the intransitive version, though, where something is attached (and you’re not doing the attaching). You can use the く as a hint. You see something attached on the wall. You say “Coo’”

… uh… I do??? :sweat_smile: allllrighty then.

4 Likes

You laugh, but I suppose now you’ll never forget if ku or keru means “to be attached”, huh?

That’s the Koichi dimension. He’s permanently engrained the information into your brain via a low-effort hint. We’re all just pawns on his game of 6-D chess.

5 Likes

Coo’ is a shortening of the word “cool” in some dialects.

Even with that, it’s probably an unusual remark to make when seeing something attached to a wall.

2 Likes

Its definitely 6D chess. By making me post about it here it’s just been doubly ingrained :grin:

1 Like

Maybe OP says “coo” because they’re a pigeon disguised as a kiwi.

3 Likes

Maybe they can’t hang anything in the Wanikani office because Koichi just stands there cooing at it :laughing:

I did figure out it meant “cool”, but only after I noticed the hidden apostrophe.

2 Likes

Why be a wolf in sheeps clothing when you can be a pigeon in kiwi clothing? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.