Listed (33) and (27) as visually similar kanji of each other

(24) - added “quality” to block list

(13) - added “good luck” and “good fortune” to allow list

Listed (33) and (55) as visually similar kanji of each other

(12) - fixed tag in reading mnemonic

(33) - added “expand” to allow list

Vocab

辺り (7) - added “surroundings” to allow list

履く (19) - added “to wear shoes,” “to put pants on,” “to wear pants,” “to put boots on,” “to wear boots,” “to put on trousers,” “to put trousers on,” and “to wear trousers” to allow list

名人 (4) - changed primary meaning from “master” to “expert”

不正 (4) - added adjective forms of meanings to allow list: “unjust”, “unfair”, “dishonest”

上旬 (37) - added “last ten days of the month” to the block list

減らす (21) - added “to increase something” to the block list

随分 (53) - added “every” to block list

残る (14) - added “to be left” and “to be left over” to allow list. Updated one context sentence.

扱う (38) - added “to reach” to block list

(24) - added “quality” to block list

切る (3) - removed “suffix” as part of speech

損なう (34) - removed “suffix” as part of speech

兼ねる (40) - removed “suffix” as part of speech and moved “to have trouble doing” and “to be unable” to allow list

関連 (19) - removed “suffix” as part of speech, moved “association” to allow list and added “relationship” to allow list

割引 (25) - removed “suffix” as part of speech

扱い (40) - removed “suffix” as part of speech

促す (29) - added “to preserve” to block list

人性 (14) - removed (hidden) as very uncommon and not needed to consolidate kanji

お尻 (20) - moved “behind” to allow list, added “bum” to allow list, and updated meaning explanation.

平安 (6) - added “peaceful” and “tranquil” as meanings and update meaning explanation

実在 (20) - added “really existing” and “existing in real life” to allow list and updated meaning explanation

若々しい (19) - added “youthful looking” and “young” to allow list and updated meaning explanation

黒い (7) - fixed spacing in reading explanation

医大 (8) - added “medical college” to allow list

入学 (5) - added “university admission” to meanings, moved “admission into school,” “school entry,” and “entering a school” to allow list, and added “school admittance,” “getting into school,” “school enrollment,” “college admission,” “admission into college,” “college admittance,” “admission into university,” and “matriculation” to allow list.

一杯 (29) - updated reading explanation

三杯 (29) - updated reading explanation

22 Likes

Thanks Jenny

3 Likes

Kind of a bummer that we keep removing words on WK… :crying_cat_face:

Thanks for all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Still waiting for an explanation about the paticles!

P.S. Thanks, Jerry (@Joeni)

9 Likes

Thank you, Jenny

5 Likes

I wonder, any plans for removing redundant する verbs, or any reason why they are there? Thinking for example of 輸入 and 輸入する. It feels very redundant to me, since you already have the note in the part-of-speech section that it is a する verb, as well. Alternatively, you could add a note to the meaning or reading explanation, that a する verb is ‘noun+する’, so remember that the noun can also be used separately. Or something to that effect. This could be mentioned decreasingly, just like the rendaku notes.

5 Likes

Is this WaniKani or Facebook? :wink:

6 Likes

We’re actually examining our approach to all verbs at the moment, so will keep you posted! :wink:

14 Likes

All right, I’ll look forward to it!

1 Like

If you were actually asking what the lists are, WK keeps a list of accepted answers that can be typed that receive credit on reviews (allow list) and a list of rejected answers that can be typed, that although would normally be accepted because they’re so close in a string comparison to the real answer, should not be accepted (like “tail” for “tall”, which was just added)

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t notice. Now I can’t confuse it with 人情 anymore. Woo! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for explaining, but I was actually just making a bad joke… ^^

2 Likes

Thank you! :sunflower:

1 Like

Haha, yeah 人生 and 人情 are two of my leeches that I still mix up constantly.

3 Likes

:scream_cat:
My leeches list just got shorter :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thanks Jenny

2 Likes

Personally I like the suru duplication. It means getting extra practice to reinforce the vocab.

Also, glad to see I wasn’t the only one who considered 人情 a horrible leech.

2 Likes