Noob tip: type on a keyboard

Yeah, it’s a lot about personal preference. Still, on average it’s probably not as high as twice as more; as with words like いった、きゃ、がっこう you end up pressing the same amount of buttons.

I got Kana stickers for my keyboard this week and regardless of efficiency, I’m just glad to finally divorce my brain from Romanji. They seem fine for natives, but as someone whos native language uses those symbols, they just carry too much phonetic baggage for me.

2 Likes

頑張って!
The first few days are the slowest as you’re still searching for keys then. I hope it works well for you and you come to enjoy it ^.^

… I have a left over ろ sticker with no key to put it on?

Anybody else missing a key?

face palm. I can’t live without ろ

quietly scuttles back to romaji and hides under a rock

ろ is under け, I believe.

1 Like

Yeah, those stickers sets are whack. I had the same problem when I tried this last year, as the japanese keyboards actually have a little cutout next the return and shift keys where ろ goes. After messing around trying to change my key bindings to fit it in somewhere I gave up on it and went back to romaji input for my computer.

I did see someone say on reddit that shift+け will work, which @Zeiosis also mentioned

1 Like

Yesssss!!! Thank you!!! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: found it!!

:cupcake: for you

I’m glad you found it. The location of ろ depends on the keyboard/IME. In my case the `~ key (the one to the left of 1) is ろ.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.