New tool for grammar

Hi!

First time posting, but a member of the community since July :slightly_smiling_face:.
I was looking for tools to practice my grammar since I realize that my reading abilities exceed my speaking ability (and listening) by farrrr. I’m using Genki and finishing lesson 9 soon. Before I start Genki2, I plan on doing a major review of the material, including finding someone to practice to speak with, maybe a tutor?

Anyways, I diverge… I came accross this new tool that’s similar to Bunpro, with a Wanikani flavor and so far, I like it. I didn’t find any reference to it in the forums here so I thought I would share:

I hope others find it useful!

2 Likes

How do lessons and reviews work for this site? They don’t actually specify on the site itself as far as I can find.

1 Like

Are you aware of these free (and not just for a trial period) Genki study resources?

6 Likes

Honestly it looks like someone’s personal project, so if you don’t know the author it might not be wise to advertise it without their knowledge. I also can’t figure out how to add lessons, and it looks like there’s only material up to Lesson 3 anyway.

The Genki Github @Rowena linked has everything you would need for Genki practice supplements other than an SRS system.

1 Like

OH! I didn’t know these ones. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a very recent project and I guess it will keep growing with time.
The review system is a SRS with intervals. The ones I’ve made so far ask you to write English->Japanese . Since I only started this week, I havne’t seen any grammar reviews yet; only “chapter 0” translations of expressions.

I still can’t can’t figure out how to add items from lessons.

Much worse though, I can’t figure out any information whatsoever about what this is, how you know about it, and who runs it. I would highly discourage anyone from signing up to this with the emails they regularly use when this is the only outgoing link as to who the creator might be.

Edit: I was able to get to Lessons by directly naviagting to /lesons/session.

However, everything so far just seems like nearly the exact same tool as KameSame without the need for Japanese input. Same Amazon Polly TTS too (Amazon Polly is great to use though)

2 Likes

hello! I found the information randomly while searching on google for a companion genki srs system. It’s okay if you don’t like it or think there’s others similar systems. If I don’t find it as useful as it could be, I’ll move on.

1 Like

Are you aware of these free (and not just for a trial period) Genki study resources?

I don’t recall who posted this a 2 or so weeks ago, but when I clicked through, my jaw dropped. I am a self studier because there is no such thing as Japanese learning in my area. I am too introverted to use iTalki at this point and I was struggling getting through Anki because I was writing or creating both sides of a conversation, hoping that I was checking grammar and word placement correctly. This thing is fantastic as it makes it so you don’t HAVE to check your own work! And I learned I know and am better at this than I thought because of this resource.

Well worth sharing far and wide!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.