Master List of Study Logs

It looks like have a pretty healthy number of new study logs being created lately. I know we’ve put to bed the idea of listing by active/inactive since that isn’t always very applicable. Though, it can’t be ignored that many study logs on the list are locked from a year of inactivity - I was thinking of reorganizing the list into a chart that intersected alphabetical ordering with year of last update. This would make the list be generally opposite of its current order, with 2024-updated logs at the top to hopefully give newcomers a little extra exposure instead of being mixed in together at the bottom.

All that would be required is, when a user updates their log at any point during the year, they move their log up to the most recent column. This would be similar to moving yourself up in a level challenge, but would only need to happen once per year.

It would look something like this:

Title Owner Last Update
Cool Study Log UserA 2024
My Japanese Journey UserB 2024
UserM’s Log of Learning UserM 2023
Partytime Study Log UserJ 2018

This is alphabetical by year of last update and then username.

Alternatively, this could be split into two charts, “Current” and “Archive”.

Current Study Logs

Title Owner Last Update
Cool Study Log UserA 2024
My Japanese Journey UserB 2024

Archive

Title Owner Last Update
UserM’s Log of Learning UserM 2023
Partytime Study Log UserJ 2018

Or, as a final option if both of the previous suggestions seem unattractive, I propose at the very least to alphabetize by username.

My belief is that it would be helpful to have “year of last update” present so new users can easily find other new users, form camaraderie and help encourage each other. I’m sure it would also be beneficial for finding recent resources, rather than broken links or outdated websites from 4+ years ago.

Feel free to give your thoughts. I’m happy to make a poll or simply go from what everyone replies. [1]

1. and if no one replies at all, my city now :smiling_imp: ↩︎

8 Likes