Make Reading its own section

D’oh, now that you mention it :joy: (sumimasen Nafu :bowing_woman: )

4 Likes

I’ve moved the threads I’ve created as well.

4 Likes

I knew about check boxes, but normally, I can only click mine. Seeing the top of a Wiki is really a trap (because I don’t know it is a Wiki yet).

Also, I don’t understand check boxes (i.e. not explicit enough). How about a hyperlinked :white_check_mark: or :x:?

If someone needs hand, I am also a Regular.

1 Like

Well, since you are offering, the それでも歩は寄せてくる threads will likely need somebody else to move them. The creator of those threads has been a bit MIA for quite some time. Hopefully everything is alright for them; we had to continue the book club without them in the meantime.

1 Like

Now, I have done as much as I can, and gotta wait 4 hours. Not sure how many I can move per day… (I think I have moved like 50, or something.)

5 Likes

Such a bad time to have stopped being a regular… :frowning_face:
I could have helped out too…

6 Likes

A list full of ticked check boxes ? What’s the difference from “Done”?

… Somehow, I can’t edit my reply to seanblue above - gotta wait too. (Yet I can create a new reply and edit some other replies.)

And yeah, I can still edit that Wiki, even now.

1 Like

The ones with “Done” were 100% moved already so I didn’t bother putting boxes there. Fully checked boxes means someone moved the threads and then checked the empty boxes.

All I know is that you can edit a new post within 5 min after you’ve posted without the edit counting into the edit history. (I like to call it ‘ninja edit’. Edit: Which I ironically failed at on this post :joy: )

3 Likes

Which usernames exactly need help moving threads, like inactive members? I guess this includes Radish8 and Vanessa?

I went ahead and moved all the non-scheduled miscellaneous book discussions.

2 Likes

Definitely Radish (:cry:) but otherwise check when a user last posted to see if they’re still around.

I took care of a few more book clubs where the creator wasn’t active anymore. Maybe @Belthazar will do Yotsubato and Flying Witch. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh, a very subtle request. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve done it, in any case.

5 Likes

Now, the bug is recurrent. I can’t edit some of my replies (unrelated to moving threads), after moving threads to the daily limit.

1 Like

After making a post (or an edit to a post), there’s a five minute grace period during which making (further) edits do not count towards the daily maximum.
So it’s a feature, not a bug.
(Moving a thread counts as an edit)

5 Likes

:rofl: Then, I would count not notifying of being near the limits being a bad UX.

In any cases, Regulars beware :bangbang:

Reading the Notification, it really says editing; but not exactly specific to which type.

4 Likes

Moved the remaining intermediate ones.

8 Likes

Edited the table to add the scheduled misc book clubs. This time I left out those that have been moved already :durtle_megane:

6 Likes

I can’t check 2+ boxes at the same time as well - gotta wait for one to complete first.

Just how many did Red Radish create…? Well, to be fair, there are indeed many others.

It appears that, not only editing, but also deleting and box checking, are block - but then I don’t really care. Creating a new reply is already enough.

Gotta wait 21 hours now.

1 Like

Thanks for all your time and effort!

I wish I could help out more than with just the threads I created, but with the Regulars who’ve been moving things, I’m sure all the book club threads will get moved over soon enough.

2 Likes

Yes, those are all edits under the hood. In fact, you can even check the edit count on @Redglare’s post and past edits. I think the 5 minutes grace period also applies to box checking, though, so better batch them all at the same time!
Edit: it absolutely is, since multiple box checks are recorded as a single edit.
Edit2: And those two edits I just made (to this post) are free!

2 Likes