Light Japanese courses in Japan?

Hello!
I would like to take a language course in Japan with only 10 hours per week.
Are theses courses offered anywhere? I can barely find them in the Internet. Would be great if someone has some insight about it :))

2 Likes

This could be helpful:

3 Likes

Most schools are 15-20 hours a week.

If you are in Tokyo then Coto Academy and Nichibei Kaiwa Gakuin offer part-time courses, but those are way less than 10 hours a week (2-4 hours a week).

Alternatively you could find private lessons, but that will be very expensive as most schools charge around 5,000-6,000 yen an hour. For 10 hours a week you might be able to get a deal. Although you could take a part-time course and supplement with private lessons.

1 Like

that’s not expensive, but it is a lot of money

For private lessons at a school it’s not necessarily expensive for what you are getting. However I still think it’s expensive compared to the alternatives.

Just looking at one school:
For 10 private lessons a week it’s: 65,000 yen
For the typical 20 hours a week course its: 32,500 yen

If you find private lessons outside of a school you can get lessons for much cheaper. If you are willing to do online lessons then it’s even cheaper.

1 Like

Try Genki. There’s a location in Fukuoka, Tokyo, and Kyoto. AFAIK they specialize in short term study and have flexible hours (ex you sign up for x lessons a day, mon-fri).

You can get private lessons or group lessons

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.