~Level 7 Leaderboard Group

Congrats @techneko, @quimdahostono and @Jobis!

Also welcome @ZeisTube! :wave:

How are you all doing?
I’m having a lot of fun with WaniKani and also started using KameSame.

I will hopefully join you soon on lvl 8! :smiley:

2 Likes

i got my apprentice count back down to about 100, but will most likely have to go over again due to the new kanji for level 8 :expressionless: i don’t really mind having more reviews, they just take up so much more time :joy:

guys! i just realized that we’re almost out of the pleasant levels! probably in about a month we’ll make our way to painful :partying_face: you can do it!

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s alright to join in - I just got to level 7 today so just a little bit behind most of you folks. Have been averaging an 8 day level up so far but not sure how long that will last!

4 Likes

You’ll be there before you know it! Keep it up! :durtle_cat:

@quimdahostono
I’m on track to hit level 11 on December 31st! New Years Day sure is going to be .

@sycamore
Welcome! And it’s all good, speed isn’t everything! I’ve been doing the same, about 8 day levels up with 25 Lessons a day. Definitely going to drop that down a little bit once I get to Level 11 to make a little bit more time for my Jalup deck and cranking out Vocab to try and start reading よつばと. Any progress is better than no progress. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah yes, the superior Level 7 group. I humbly accept your invite my good sir.

2 Likes

welcome aboard! :upside_down_face:

I’m also over 100 most of the time the last few days.
Doable so far though.

Sometimes I reach around 130 apprentice items - but mostly only when there is a bunch of radicals in those items.

1 Like

One of us, one of us, one of us! :grin:

Welcome aboard :slight_smile:

1 Like

The more the merrier - welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah i think on level 7 i got to around 160 or so, (maybe more idk) that was tricky. but i think 120-130 is still doable, but not usually preferred

Ooh, I’ve got a copy of よつばと arriving this week hopefully (as well as the first ハイキュー、which I am going to try to follow the book club with but expect it to be way over my head). Excited to start trying to read a bit more than text from Lingodeer and animal crossing! It is a balance trying to combine things - I’ve definitely been slacking on the vocab front while trying to make some grammar progress. There’s so many great resources that it can be tough to narrow it down!

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yikes…180 sounds pretty overwhelming! Did you end up having to slow down/pause lessons for a bit just to whittle that number down?

1 Like

yeah i ended up only doing 5 lessons per day, if any. but then all of a sudden like 70 items went to guru, and i had to be careful not to overdo it on lessons again lol

right now im at 112 apprentice items which still feels pretty good, so i bet i can do lessons still :upside_down_face:

1 Like

YES, the book is really nice. I started the first few pages online, but I just got my order in and the it’s so much better than the digital. I went just a little overboard though :sweat_smile:

I’m invested at this point and have no choice but to read them all! I was debating between One Piece or Fullmetal Alchemist but… the barrier to entry is way higher and my vocab is lacking. And One Piece is ONLY ~92 manga books and going. :sweat_smile: These will be a good starting point!

I wish you luck with your reading!!

6 Likes

hahaha oh wow! yeah I also ordered quite a few with my excuse being that it made the shipping worth it. Aw yeah, fullmetal alchemist would be a really fun read but yeah I imagine there’s a lot of fairly unique vocab. Still, it’s cool to look forward to even if it takes a while!

2 Likes

That was part of my reason too. I think shipping was ~$30 when the books are only like $6 each. :sweat_smile: Might as well do it all at once!

And yes, FMA will be really exciting, but learning transmutation, alchemy, and homunculus aren’t going to provide much to my foundations. :rofl: I might do that before OP, just because it’s so long!

2 Likes

Sure sounds fun, I’ll join. I’m very slow so I’m not going to be passing many people but I’m quite persistent so maybe that will motivate you all to keep going.

5 Likes

Hey! This sounds fun! Can I join in? Do I just download the user script and add the names from this thread?

5 Likes

that’s ok! we’re glad to have you here :raised_hands:

yep! the instructions for installing the script should be in the link as well, but if you need more direction just tell me and i can guide you more :upside_down_face: then yes, you just add the names on the list, i have them in the original post or you can go through the posts and add the people that said they wanted to join.

welcome to the group! :v:

2 Likes

i’m planning to get よつばと! soon too :stuck_out_tongue: hopefully at least the first 3 volumes, but getting the whole set doesn’t seem like a bad idea either lmao

i’ve already read all of it in english, so hopefully that will help with anything that i don’t understand. but you can also go back to it periodically and check to see what new things you understand once you have it, i do that with music a lot too :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes