Level 40 - Last level until paradise! Is that really true?

Well just made it to level 40 and supposedly I’m almost to “paradise”? My WaniKani journey has been quite slow (but thankfully pretty steady once I actually started going) :sweat_smile:. I’m super excited to have finally made it to the 40 mark, but now I’m really wondering, does it really become paradise from here??

Would love to hear experiences from those who have come here and beyond!

15 Likes

We’ll see :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I can only speak to Pleasant and Painful so far, but have found WaniKani’s labels to be highly accurate.

8 Likes

Narrator: it does not :joy:

11 Likes

so far

same as hell levels :sweat_smile:

we were 騙された.

6 Likes

I want to go back to Hell :sob:

3 Likes

Let me tell you something, son. I am currently in the reality part and

Everything is 大丈夫. Just enjoy your journey

9 Likes

My experience is that while you’ll have accumulated a fair amount of leeches that might plague your reviewing time, you’ll also have acquired quite a bit of skill in how to make the most of WK. So, getting through levels is easier overall I felt.

I didn’t really do much else than WK, so I wasn’t overwhelmed by having more reviews heaping up a bit, but those that multitask their studying time might actually wanna slow down a bit, just to make sure you put focus on the most important stuff: immersion, grammar, listening practice, and eventually, production. If you have lifetime, you have time to get through the final kanji. ^^

5 Likes

It doesn’t get easier

You just get used to the pain :flushed:

21 Likes

There’s less vocab in the levels now, but you also enter the Fast Levels, so you get to pick whether you want to take the path of the Durtle or of the Crabigator.

:durtle_durverted_lvl2: :crabigator:

6 Likes

yeah, it gets faster leveling up depending on how you do your new level lessons. starts to be around 3 radicals per level and typically the first kanji you unlock on new level, once guru’d it’ll level you to next level; unlike previously where you had to guru radicals first to unlock enough kanji for leveling up.

I’m nearly done with paradise and moving on to reality, and I can confidently say the name was a lie. :grin:

Honestly it’s just more of the same as the levels before it, I didn’t really notice any difference between hell and paradise.

7 Likes

Hmm, let me know if anyone ever replied to my thread on the level 42 board when you get there.

3 Likes

Might just be a coincidence for what I’ve been reading, but doing some reading on the side, I have found paradise actually overall a little gentler than what came before it, on the basis that I have already come across so many of these kanji, and often enough that I’ve picked them up without much effort. Feels like this area has a lot of kanji that may not be widely useable but are part of a few very common words. Level 44 especially was practically all review, full of stuff like: 俺, 叫, 匹, 挨, 拶, 涙, 髪, etc.

8 Likes

The 40s weren’t too bad for the most part. The kanji were pretty easy, but a few levels had a lot of vocab that I struggled with. There are quite a few verbs with weird readings, and also quite a few compounds where I struggled to get the meaning out of the kanji used.

The early 50s suck so far, so enjoy the next 10 levels of relative peace :slight_smile:

4 Likes

笑笑。確かに騙された >。<

1 Like

@KyokaJiro was the only one to reply so far to 宇宙🪐クリケット🏏大戦争💥, on 2021-10-24T05:11:00Z, with this GIF:

chills-literally-chills

4 Likes

Lol thanks

2 Likes

I replied on every single thread with an appropriate gif. (All the threads that were available on my last day of Level 42) :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the tag @UInt2048 san :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.