Level 21 before 2021!

Yeah I actually wanted to start but as I recently moved to Japan I am really unsure about online shipping :joy:
I’m not even sure how my address works really (for some reason on Amazon it only lets me input it specifically and I can’t add my ward).
I’m going to a book store today though and hopefully I will be able to find this book or something similar. My girlfriend is also lending me the first Harry Potter book in Japanese. Luckily I’ve read it like a hundred times so I know everything taht happens its just recognizing Kanji that’s important.

I read Yotsubato on bilingual manga reader. It’s kind of cheating because you can switch between languages on each page, but I’ll generally try to read a full page, absorb it, then go back and use the translate button. It’s easy to follow- I’ve finished genki 1, but even so the situations are simple enough to be understood by most readers :+1:t4:

1 Like

I’m in, current level 3 (as you can tell I have quite a bit of experience with Japanese :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), goal same as yours, 20 by end of 2020, starting 21 at the start of 2021.

Edit: says level 2 (I guess cause I haven’t started a level 3 lesson yet).

1 Like

The forums seem to be a level behind for a lot of people. I’m actually level 8.

3 Likes

If you log out and back in it fixes it!

1 Like

Haha yep, I recently started playing Pokemon Black in Japanese too and it’s a wayy better experience than the last time I tried :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m really enjoying it so far! It’s kind of like playing it as a kid again because I have no idea of the names or moves and everything is completely novel! Even though I can’t understand a good amount.

2 Likes

Kindle is your friend! No need to wait for shipping :wink:

Good luck, hope you find a book you can enjoy!

Yay! Welcome!

I think that’s a good idea! I’m doing something similar with Harry Potter where I read a chapter in Japanese and then listen to the audio they’re releasing on Spotify.

3 Likes

I can’t find a kindle anywhere :sweat_smile:
My Kobo just broke too so I’ve been trying to find one.

The Kindle app works just as well! I use it on Android, iPhone and PC. You don’t need a Kindle device to read Kindle books!

2 Likes

Fair point! Thanks buddy! I’ll download it there but I’m going to check another place for a kindle today.

1 Like

Agreed
Also ’しっぽをする’ definitely gave me a chuckle when I first saw it lol

Finally on level 7! And now i’m faced with 139 new lessons!!! I think i’ll do 25 vocab today and leave the radicals for tomorrow

5 Likes

Yay for level up! And I agree, 25 Lessons is enough for one day.

2 Likes

Congrats! :sparkles:
25 sounds like a good number. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When do people usually reach their first enlightened characters? I’m so excited to see 一 pop up in my review box again :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s a great feeling, isn’t it! I think the only thing better than Enlightened will be burned, but I haven’t burned anything yet, so I don’t know.

You’ll get Enlightened reviews 1 month after the corresponding Master review, and Burn reviews 4 months after the corresponding Enlightened reviews.

2 Likes

I meant I haven’t felt it yet, I’m waiting for the 一!

It should be soon :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes