Level 21 before 2021!

cool thanks for the hint, I had the same question :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve only burned 2 items but on the first one I think audibly cheered alone in my apartment lol. It was pretty exciting.

8 Likes

My first burn will happen in August. I can’t wait!

I just got my level up by the way, level 9! How are you doing?

4 Likes

Congratulations!! Speeding up I see.

If I catch my reviews tonight I will level up in two days at around 10 pm.

3 Likes

Thanks! Not really speeding up though. I have been right around 10 days the last levels.

Good luck with your level up when you get there!

1 Like

:partying_face: Congrats on leveling!!!

I know this is not the forum for it, but I would like to celebrate my first random achievement anyways haha.
I was looking I want to eat your pancreas yesterday (great movie!) and suddenly I realized I could read the cover of the book of the little prince! I felt so accomplished. yaay!

7 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face:

Isn’t that just the nicest feeling? I love it every time I can read something in the wild, whether it’s the text on a tea label, or a poster or cover or something, these small victories are what keep driving me to learn.

3 Likes

Ooh, can I join this?
I recently reset to level 4 after a 3-4 year hiatus because I started working freelance and finally have time to study again haha.
This thread seems like a wonderfully positive, supporting place to be, and the reasonable goal will hopefully keep me from rushing and burning out like I did last time.

11 Likes

Sure! Welcome back!

3 Likes

Yes me too! It felt like such a big achievement! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Haha! I just burned my first items this morning! :smiley:

8 Likes

:partying_face: Congratulations! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Finally, Level 10! (*ノ・ω・)ノ♫✨
I’ve been neglecting grammar all this time so I should probably focus more on that now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Congrats on you level up!

3 Likes

:partying_face: Congratulations! 1/6th of the way to WaniKani Domination :partying_face:

Never a bad time! I can wholeheartedly recommend bunpro, Tae Kim and (if you can stand the voice, or are willing to mute but read subtitles) there is no better source than Cure Dolly!

2 Likes

Yeah honestly, Cure Dolly is great! I’ve gotten kinda used to her voice lol

4 Likes

Ok, I´m wayyyy too late for this, but I need a push in the right direction. I feel old, with too much work to do and with a tiny toddler to juggle, so at the end of the day I tend to just zone out and neglect my studies… NO MORE!!

Err… I hope I can still join, this is my reset after a long hiatus, grammar resources for me are Japanese from zero and minna no nihongo.

8 Likes

Not too late at all! New Year’s Eve is in 227 days, so you can make it if you spend 10 days per level. That’s what I do right now, and it feels very doable.

Yes, of course! Just jump right in! If you have reset, then you’ll probably remember a lot from last time and speed through the levels. If not, then that’s fine too. Everyone is welcome here.

4 Likes

you couldn’t get two more different ways of teaching than those two books ahahah. I tried using japanese from zero and found it too slow and tried my firends copy of minna no nihongo and found it way to difficult :sweat_smile:.

It’s never too late to join, well I guess at one point there will be where it’s impossible to get to level 21 given the time needed but for now there is still plenty of time!

2 Likes