Level 1 Burned :-)

Almost 2.5 years since I started WaniKani I finally burned level 1. I have no idea why 人口 (Population) was so hard for me. Two super simple kanjis, the mnemonics are on point with this one as well and yet here I am:

29 Likes

The Way of the Leech is not to be understood by us mere humans :woman_shrugging: :upside_down_face:

28 Likes

Cheers to that :grinning:. What is the opposite of a leech? Becouse I also have some complicated items that just click and after 8 occurences they are gone from the stack :slight_smile:

4 Likes

congratualations !!! as someone who also has 人口 as a personal nemesis u r an inspiration that it can be defeated! :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Hmmm :laughing: Maybe a gazelle or something? Or a racehorse? :racehorse:

4 Likes

i hate the 人口 population
i always confuse the different pronounciations

The downfall of WK is that the most interesting words will forge themselves into your mind like C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those words will be lost from the stack in time, like tears in rain… Time to burn.

4 Likes

Exactly, I sometimes feel like a Blade Running through them. :wink:

1 Like

I just remember a bunch of people rocking out to sublime and wearing Jinco jeans. Do you remember those jeans?

1 Like

Also drinking “Gin” with “Colleagues” is what most of “Population” enjoy the most.

no idea what jinco is sorry

JNCO was a brand of jeans popular in the USA 20-30 years ago. They were known for having very large amounts of material. Pretty much the opposite of skinny jeans.

3 Likes

how…how DARE you remind it is not, in fact, currently 1998.

5 Likes

… I concur!

1 Like

By the way, when theoretically the first level will be burned? Let’s assume that a user is pretty fast (10-15 days) and do no mistakes. 6 months?

correct - 6 months after last learned item from a level provided you do all reviews 100% correct and as soon as they appear

1 Like

What about “Jellyfish”? They are care-free and chill, they just vibe and float around, and they don’t cause any hassle; very much like easily learned words. I think we should call it “Jellyfish”

2 Likes

I guess it’s around 4 months till the first burned item will appear.

More data is here:

1 Like

Due to new items appearing I have no longer burned everything on level 1 - or 2 or 3. But I’ve burned all of level 4! Currently…

Key info is here: Burned 24w 6d 6h - which is roughly half a year.