Kanji Page Cut and Paste

WK is great at what it does, but we all know that other resources are needed to complete our language education.

However, when I want to cut and paste a kanji or vocab word from a WK kanji/vocab page, it’s …difficult. The main page for each kanji in WK has that ‘enlarge on hover’ action for the header kanji which effectively precludes cut and paste. The vocab further below on the kanji page appears to be images. The vocab word header has the same hover issues as the kanji header. Scrolling down to the context sentences on the on the vocab page appears to be the most effective option currently.

I want to be on a WK kanji page and quickly copy the kanji to another resource, preferably from somewhere around the page header. Am I missing something?

What browser are you using? I can do it using Opera’s built-in screen capture.

Like so:

1 Like

You can copy it from the enlarged image, at least from a PC in Chrome…

Edit: can do it on my iPhone as well (chrome)

1 Like

That’s just the image you’ve copied, the OP wants the text.

Did I misunderstand the question, perhaps? @Tenugui, could you clarify please. Based off the picture you linked and circled, it seems like you’re asking that.

Aye, but you need to make sure you don’t move the mouse outside of the box as you do so.

OP wants to copy the kanji itself so that they can paste it somewhere else, like in Jisho for example.

4 Likes

Oh, I see. Thank you. The terms “cut” and “paste” threw me off. Then what you suggested should work just fine.

1 Like

That is correct.

If all else fails, you can copy it from the browser’s URL maybe?

Although I must say I don’t have issues copying the kanji from the popup window. Selecting like this:

and then copying with ctrl-c or cmd-c gives me 業 just fine. (This is Firefox fwiw)

4 Likes

Now that is a great idea.

1 Like

If it’s not working only for specific kanji or radicals, it’s worth reporting. I noticed I had this problem with the coral radical recently. I couldn’t select the character at all as if it was an image rather that a Unicode character.

Some radicals are WK’s own invention and not part of the unicode character set. Therefore those radicals are indeed images. But for kanji and vocab it should always be unicode characters.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.