KaniWani - English to Japanese Recall Tool

amclean said...
Sundar said...
amclean said... I've seen the API give out HTTP 503 errors randomly before; the probability of it erroring seems to be related to the total number of items requested.

Also it doesn't show the correct answer for me when I hover over the red bar.

Another thing you haven't specified an API version, you should put either "v1.1" or "v1.2" after api. (Ex. ".../api/<version>/user/...")
 Hmm, I've no idea then, it might be an issue with the tool requesting so much data in one go.

I changed it from on-hover to a shortcut key 'f' to show the correct readings if you get it wrong.

I'll do that now.
 I've mentioned it in a few threads and sent some emails to Viet but he hasn't responded about it. It is intermittent but it makes it increasingly difficult to use some scripts as your level increase. You could work around it by allowing us to select a level range to review, it doesn't seem to be too frequent until you get above 20 levels worth of data.

EDIT: You should use v1.1 if you can because it doesn't include user notes or synonyms it has less data to return which might increase the success rate.
 Ah, okay. Thanks a lot for the info.

In case you missed it (you quoted before I submitted the edit) I added one more line to my last post.

EDIT2: Based on some testing I have done it seems that requests large enough to take more than 30 seconds will fail, probably due to a server side timeout.
 EDIT: On an unrelated matter does anyone else see their freshly posted posts as being submitted minutes ago?

First off I like this app a lot.  Great job.  

I was wondering if you could make it so you could see the kanji after you got a correct answer.  

I am training to take the Kanji Kentei so I am trying to increase my kanji writing ability, therefore i draw the kanji before I input an answer.  This would help out alot.

Also making the Kanji a little bigger would help.

Thanks

Just found out about this tool and loved it!
I’ve been wanting something like this for a long time. Actually, should have been a WK feature from the beginning.
Looking forward to see your progress with itl.

It seems to work when I type the reading of the Kanji or Vocab, but when I use the actually Kanji it says I got it wrong…

Very nice! I go back to this after I get more vocab/kanji to master (and soon the upper ones too). 

Can I Download this script through that website?  I’m going on spring break and I figured this would be a good place to learn userscipts.  Any tips on how to start scripting, I’ve got 3 years of object oriented programming experience and want to graduate to web apps…

Excellent app btw, just what I needed.  My recall is !@#$ without kanji.

SoxKeepYouWarm said... Can I Download this script through that website?  I'm going on spring break and I figured this would be a good place to learn userscipts.  Any tips on how to start scripting, I've got 3 years of object oriented programming experience and want to graduate to web apps...

Excellent app btw, just what I needed.  My recall is !@#$ without kanji.
 Ah, sorry. I've been kinda busy recently.

There's no official download feature, but saving it with just the normal right-click dialog will get you all the files (at least on Chrome)

As for learning JavaScript, the syntax is pretty simple to learn - http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/javascriptsyntax.php - though one thing to note is that a lot of people (including me) use a library called jQuery to make things easier, which you can find here: http://jquery.com/

Thank you so much for this! Brilliant stuff!! :) 

Thanks for such a useful thing ___

First of all thanks. This app is great. Now. when i get a mistake i can’t see the correct answer even after hovering. Is this a bug or is it only that i don’t know hot o use it?

alanotero10 said... First of all thanks. This app is great. Now. when i get a mistake i can't see the correct answer even after hovering. Is this a bug or is it only that i don't know hot o use it?

Yeah, sorry. I changed it due to a request. It's now the 'f' key instead of hovering
{"sort_kan":true,"sort_kan_lessons":true,"sort_burn_i":true,"sort_rad_i":true,"textfugu":true}
Thanks for this! It's really helpful to practice recall from English--->Japanese. Thanks :)

Maybe it’s 'cause I’m using Safari but nothing is showing…?

Hey,

Do you have any plans to add for synonym leniency?

Sundar said...
alanotero10 said... First of all thanks. This app is great. Now. when i get a mistake i can't see the correct answer even after hovering. Is this a bug or is it only that i don't know hot o use it?

Yeah, sorry. I changed it due to a request. It's now the 'f' key instead of hovering
 Late to the party here.  Nice tool.  I had to go to the last page of this thread to see that the f key gives the correct answer if needed.  It would be a very simple edit to the page to add a list showing what key does what in the upper left.

The number of remaining words is too far to the right and only shows first two digits.

Can I somehow manually lock levels? I unlocked too much when I went hog wild and now there are 1500 reviews…

Vesiapina said…
Can I somehow manually lock levels? I unlocked too much when I went hog wild and now there are 1500 reviews…
 I feel like you may have posted this in the wrong Kaniwani Thread :wink: