June 25 2021 Content Updates

yeah, so a Shuriken is a “hand backside sword” or something… didn’t know that, interesting!

Lots of changes! :slight_smile: Excited for 苺, my favorite Bleach character! XD

2 Likes

Not entirely sure whether you know this and were just making a joke, but Ichigo’s name is actually spelt 一護.

2 Likes

Thanks! Fixed the color and added 母 as similar kanji :blush:

1 Like

馬鹿外人… you were supposed to enter that in the reading. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Saw this yesterday

7 Likes

Hey I recognize that!

Reading some とんがり帽子のアトリエ? :eyes:

1 Like

Even though it might be more common in kana, I want to learn all the kanji that I can, so who cares if it’s in kana more often. If it can be written in kanji, hit me.

1 Like

Nice! Maybe they wanted to save space :smiley:

1 Like

Wikipedia has more than 20k unique kanji though, so you have to prioritize :wink:

2 Likes

苺 almost cost me a burn on 母! :grimacing: But new kanji interfering with old kanji, part of the ‘fun’.

3 Likes

is the wrap up button randomly switching between 10 and 11 more reviews for any one else after the update?

1 Like

The wrap-up button also finishes up any cards that you’ve only done one of the two reviews for (i.e. reading or meaning but not both).

Its never said 11 for me before this update. I based on my observations there has never been more then 10 active cards before so that shouldn’t effect anything.

2 Likes

They’re all priority.

Since they have introduced the kanji 「苺」, they should also introduce the vocab 「一期一会」, doncha think?

2 Likes

I might be asking a newbie question, but how are those related?

1 Like

Shhh I was testing if @Kumirei really knows Japanese or not

1 Like

I was about to ask the same. Since a couple of days the wrap-up button gives me eleven items to go through instead of ten.

But that’s already reflected in the counter. So if you’ve answered three items partly (reading or meaning) the system will only add [limit] - 3 new items during the wrap-up phase.

1 Like

牛丼 says it uses both on’yomi but should be changed to say 丼 is kun’yomi now that it changed.