Joeni's Journey (A Study Log) πŸ—“

Getting there, thank you! Finally able to eat chocolate on one side my my mouth, so long as I avoid the massive hole on the other side, so the world is a brighter place again! How are yours doing? Healed up from the work you had done now?

3 Likes

Are you going to get prosthetics?
Mine are pretty much completely healed. It’s still a bit uncomfortable to fully open up, and the stitches aren’t entirely out yet, but I feel fine. I’ve been off the painkillers for a week already

2 Likes

I haven’t decided yet and I don’t know what the dentist is going to recommend. Given how the NHS works here, it’s down to what they deem β€˜clinically necessary’ it might be that they say that I can chew fine with only two molars and that the gap is only cosmetic, in which case I’d have to way a lot of money to have a bridge put in privately. I think if I was going to get an implant, it would have to be done soon, before bone starts to regrow in that area, from what I’ve heard. It’s a pretty big gap, since it’s my first molar on my lower right side, so I’m sort of hoping they offer me a bridge… if it’s the choice between a gap and a single denture though, I’ll stick with the gap to be honest.

4 Likes

Update for 15th February 2021

γƒ―γƒ‹γ‚«γƒ‹β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ ζ–‡γƒ—γƒ­
Level 24 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž1‏6 Level
Lessons 246 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 1523 β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Finally back in the swing of things.
I cleared 200 reviews off today and got a lot of items burned, huzzah!

I’m on day four after having a lower molar yanked out and so I’m slowly recovering my ability to eat and consequently my ability to have energy to focus on anything. I aim to get back into daily updates now after a couple of false starts over the past two months and I’m hoping to follow through with the more modest goals I’ve set for 2021.

Thank you to everyone who showed concern for my well being over the times I’ve slacked, I genuinely appreciate having people give me kicks to get back on track!

A 172 (+2)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 598 (+45) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 688 (-3) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1265 (-159) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 783 (+112)
As happy as I am with the amount that went up to burned, I can’t ignore that fact that a quarter went back down to Guru or lower, oops!

5 Likes

It’s crazy that molars aren’t always considered essential. I hope they will be reasonable.

They said the same thing about my jaw. The dentist recommended it to be covered, but it’s up to the jaw doctor to decide if it’s necessary or just cosmetic. If it’s not covered it will be at least ten thousand pounds. no_mouth

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s the same thing here - there’s no hard and fast rule about it and it’s up to the dentist to decide what is clinically necessary under the NHS charging model. I suspect that dentists get a bit shafted in terms of what they can charge back. The NHS charges me Β£66 whether the dentist does an extraction or a root canal - one thing takes a dentist 15mins, the other takes then 3hrs. Without knowing how the charging works and billable hours work, I can’t say for sure, but I suspect they usually opt for what takes the least time.

That said, we’re both young, I’d like to hope that in both our cases they see it as a good investment in our ongoing health to do whatever gives us the best prognosis.

4 Likes

Yeah! I just have to not tell them I’m leaving the country

4 Likes

I’d find it a weird question for them to ask, so I’m sure you’ll be fine, hehe

5 Likes

exactly what they said to me
in france, i’d get a toof put in there to stop things shifting but in the UK. nope.

4 Likes

Update for 17th February 2021

γƒ―γƒ‹γ‚«γƒ‹β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ ζ–‡γƒ—γƒ­
Level 24 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž1‏6 Level
Lessons 246 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 1461 β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Being so exhausted of all this gum trauma healing means I’m failing to post these before bed, alas, so this is what I’d have written last night. As things return to normality with me, hopefully I can get back into the habit of writing at the right time of day again. It’s not like I don’t have a repeating Todoist task reminding me every day at 10pm.

I haven’t managed to replicate my strong 200 reviews start, but I’ve got the number sub 1500 at least.

Things are moving, at least, and moving prevents stagnation.

A 170 (-2)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 616 (+18) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 688 (+/-0) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1266 (+1) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 783 (+43)
If you’re noticing that burned count is increasing the most of all, it’s because I’m ordering reviews by ascending level.

8 Likes

Healing is exhausting

4 Likes

At least when I was healing from elbow surgery I could eat whatever the hell I wanted.

5 Likes

Update for 18th February 2021

Reviews 1403 β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Still on the β€˜posting these as a retrospective’ trend, I’m afraid. On the plus side, I can just about eat biscuits again, so my life is improving. Next stop, pizza.

I didn’t get much done yesterday as I was snowed under with work, catching back up after a week of sick leave followed by a week of annual leave. I’ve only managed to knock 50 or so reviews off each day the last two days, but on the other hand most of the reviews are from early levels and are thus not popping back up up on account of being burned.

I really want to get all these cleared out so I can go back to lessons and actually stand a chance of hitting some of the leader board challenges, but on the other hand, those are very arbitrary and I’m not going to Japan any times soon. I’m going to focus more on not burning out, in the short term, I think.

A 178 (+8)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 632 (+16) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 682 (-8) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1165 (-101) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 849 (+66)

9 Likes

Despite healing being a pain, it must be really nice to be rid of the pain you were in before the surgery

5 Likes

Undeniably! I’ll take uncomfortable teeth on edge throbby feeling over wracking my temple with migraine like pain any day of the week ^-^

7 Likes

Oh father of monsters, how are your toofs? And Japanese?

4 Likes

Oh @Kumirei, mother of rickrolls, my toofs are doing okay, how about yours?

My Japanese not so much… I repented my failings and then failed my repenting.

6 Likes

Well my last appointment had to be rescheduled due to mom catching the covids, but I’m going to try again in two weeks

It is time to get back on the uma!

3 Likes

Okay, here is an easy exit out for you…

… how is that journey going? Still valid? :blush:

1 Like

I actually haven’t logged on to WoW for about a month now.

5 Likes