Joeni's Journey (A Study Log) πŸ—“

Summary

Joeni san did say, he was a little occupied at work. Probably that along with taking care of monster kun and holiday season might have put brakes on his schedule. I am highly confident Joeni san would be back after Thanksgiving with his batteries fully recharged :grin: or His HP back to full if you prefer gaming lingo :stuck_out_tongue:

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

i was thinkin the same not even an hour ago, as i ran downstairs…

3 Likes

two weeks off that I’ve booked for the start of the new World of Warcraft expansion launch.

I have been doing badly lately

I’m gonna admit the same thing might happen to me when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out :joy: I also booked in some leave for it

4 Likes

He’s British, so no Thanksgiving to contend with.

@Joeni I also miss your updates and look forward to your return

3 Likes

@Joeni さん、I miss you too! :cat2:

3 Likes

It’s nice that everyone is worried, though sorry to have worried.

The new World of Warcraft expansion is out and so, as I mentioned in a post, I’ve got two weeks off work and have been focussing on that with my raiding guild, like the massive nerd I am!

Oh, no worries there, hehe - I’ve cleared massive review piles before. I DID forget to put things on vacation mode before I started… it’s a bit late now, haha, but I’ve just done so, otherwise, I’ll have another 200 reviews added to the pile in a few days.

Shhhh, yes

My advice; get caught up on reviews and stuff before it launches, then put vacation mode on. Do not, as I have done, just ignore the review pile, which is now rather high, haha. Well, 1000, but I only consider that rather high, not horribly high.

Thank you, regular service will resume! <3

I’m sorry I’ve been away, I promise I’ll be back <3

11 Likes

4 Likes

… looks like someone needs a soft push. So here it comes. The long a waited WoW sequel:

It’s time to write study log of a journey through pleasure and pain, hell and paradise. Are you ready to face death? Are you ready to face reality? Are you ready to write study log in the WK community? :caught_durtling:

7 Likes

you’re so kind!
i’ve been pushing as well…
looking forward to more study log entries since i use this one as an excuse not to do one myself!

4 Likes

now I feel caught :blush:

3 Likes

Update for 28th December 2020

γƒ―γƒ‹γ‚«γƒ‹β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ ζ–‡γƒ—γƒ­
Level 24 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž1‏6 Level
Lessons 245 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 1295 ‏‏ β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Hello, oh lovely followers of my Japanese learning journey ^-^

I’m very apologetic about my lack of updates over the past five weeks and I’m sorry to say that I did not do any studying or reviews over that time. The new World of Warcraft expansion came out and as I’m an office in a raiding guild, I had to make myself busy doing all the things I needed to do to get my character and the rest of the guild ready for the raid tier to start and then for progress through that. That’s probably a really hard thing to understand if you’re not an MMO player, but suffice to say that there’s 19 other people in our progression raiding team and I have a certain responsibility to them to do my best.

I’m now on Christmas break from work (campus is closed for two weeks) and and from raiding (we always take a winter break) and so I’m going to try and get caught up as possible. The only downside is that the nursery is also closed for a week and my wife has a horrible cold, so I’m looking after my son constantly of late. I’m doing my best do keep him occupied (if you follow the POLL thread, you’ll have seen my four baking attempts with him, haha) and this doesn’t leave all that much time for anything else.

I’m very thankful to everyone who carried on prodding me to get back on my reviews and I’m going to do my best to start doing that properly. I’ve got a massive stack built up, because I forgot to put vacation mode on, but it’s not the largest pile of reviews I’ve ever tackled, not of lessons, so I’ll be doing my best to get this down. If I can do a regular 200 or so a day from now on, I should be able to get back on lessons in a week or two and then resume my 7.5 day levelling up routine that I was doing so well at for weeks.

Just to visualise how things have been affected thus far by my lapse, my rise on WaniKani Timemachine has properly plateaued at 3507 items learned:

My very good run of 7ish day streaks, as shown on WKStats has ceased:

On the plus side, 39 days (so far) on level 24 is nowhere near the 210 days I spent on level 10 or the 66 days I spent on level 13. Overall, I’m not all that far off track and I was never going to hit the Luminaries target anyway. I should still be okay to hit the Olympians target, I hope, all being well. Particular thanks to @saibaneko who has been giving my constant encouragement to get back to things!

A 161 (+93)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 519 (+44) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 757 (-3) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1475 (-53) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 594 (+58)

10 Likes

And we’re back! Yeah!!!

my A count is the same. am hoping to guru it to under 100 between today and tomo and resume lessons. It’s incredibly difficult to get back to 0/0 after letting lessons pile up on vocab even just a bit.

ι ‘εΌ΅γ‚Œ!

4 Likes

Update for 29th December 2020

γƒ―γƒ‹γ‚«γƒ‹β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ ζ–‡γƒ—γƒ­
Level 24 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž1‏6 Level
Lessons 245 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 1333 ‏‏ β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

I’m ashamed to say that despite my assertions yesterday that I’d dip back into reviews and try to catch up, I’ve failed to do any today once again due to my wife still being ill and my son taking all my attention. I’ve had no mental energy left this evening for even a couple. I’ve had to get up and sort my son’s breakfast out and look after him all morning until my wife gets up at 11ish for the past four days, so I’m pretty tired. Thankfully, she’s feeling a bit better and has agreed to do wake-up duty tomorrow, so I can finally get a little extra sleep.

In related news, Ive been working on moving all my smart home automations (I’m a big tech nerd, if you haven’t noticed) off of my little Hubitat hub (that has all the radios for communicating with devices) and onto my Linux server and one of my most recent projects has been replacing my son’s battery powered night light with an LED strip. It’s a WiFi model, not one of the usual smart home types that cannery to my hub, but it’s got an API and a web endpoint, so I’ve done this:

It sends a JSON package at the set time, to control the lighting colour and brightness through the aforementioned API. In this way, over just five days, I’ve taught him that if the light is red, it’s not time to get up yet, and once it’s white, he can get out of bed. Given he’s get up anywhere from 6am to 8am, it’s great to have regimented it in just a short time and it’s helping with sleep somewhat.

Anyway, I’m going to try and get some of that sleep, so sorry for not doing any WaniKani work, but I’ll hopefully have the energy tomorrow!

A 161 (+/-0)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 520 (+1) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 757 (-3) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1476 (+1) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 594 (+/-0)

6 Likes

Update for 1st January 2021

Lessons 246 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 1227 ‏‏ β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

First post of 2021, HAPPY NEW YEAR ηš†γ•γ‚“

I’ve started off the new year the right way by finally getting a lifetime subscription not only to WaniKani, but also to Kitsun. I worked out that even if I manage to finish WaniKani in the next year, I’ll still have at least six months of burns and who knows if I’ll want to re-level one day or refresh stuff. I consider it both a good investment in both platforms and in my learning.

I’ve chipped away over 100 reviews so far, but I still have a way more to go. We’ve just two days left of winter break and my son goes back to nursery on Monday (unless anything crazy happens) and so I’ll be in a better position then to work through my reviews on here and catch up on my Japanese Prefectures deck on Kitsun that I’ve been putting off for ages.

My burn count has gone up by 50, which is another good way to start the year.

I hope everyone the very best on their learning journeys this year!

A 160 (-1)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 548 (+28) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 717 (-50) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1426 (-50) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 655 (+61)

10 Likes

Update for 2nd January 2021

Lessons 246 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 1230 ‏‏ β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Today has been pretty meh, looking after my son all day. On the plus side, my wife had a Covid-19 test because she has been pretty ill, but it came back negative, which means that my son can go back to nursery on Monday, hoorah! That means I can get fully stuck in on doing a few hundred reviews a day… which I have failed to so so far because of the aforementioned childcare.

Other than that, I’m afraid I have nothing to add. Sorry this is a relatively boring and short study log - winter break is long and tiring when you’ve got constant toddler care, so shout out to all the other parents who are managing to study AND care for their kids over this holiday season!

A 160 (+/-0)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 547 (-1) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 719 (+2) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1427 (+1) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 655 (+61)

6 Likes

Right back at you for your normal lesson and review load while parenting a toddler! Meanwhile, with young ones in hand, I’m clutching my proverbial pearls as my apprentice number inches towards 70 :sweat_smile:… but I really want to get into the 30s this year.

4 Likes

just checking in… nudge nudge
it’s not gonna get easier!
:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

It’s not gonna ge easier by itself, but it is gonna get easier if you keep purracticing! :cat2:
だから、ジョエニさん、頑弡ってください!

2 Likes

This feels appropriate, thank you Spongebob script!

Updates will resume once I’m over this run of antibiotics and my face is less like a hamster ^-^

7 Likes

Update for 14th February 2021

Reviews 1724 ‏‏ β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

I realise this is cheating a little bit, but I’m chucking this post in to backfill stats and give an updated starting position as I go back into taking big chunks of my reviews off daily. So these are the stats (thank you WaniKani Progress Data export sheet in Google Sheets) at the end of Valentine’s Day.

I’ve also taken the time to update my top post with my 2021 goals and pruned some of the length off it.

A 168 (+8)β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 553 (+6) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 691 (-28) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 1424 (-3) β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 671 (+15)

4 Likes