Japanese grammar: Online Marugoto course or Genki 1 book?

this is what i was taught…

I have been working with Marugoto, the conversations with my teacher are a lot of fun! also, i like the concept of discovering grammar rules in context. then, of course, my teacher will explain more. conversations are natural and have small unexpected turns in vocabulary, idiom or grammar. i do recommend working with a teacher though. wish i started earlier! (btw my teacher is japanese and prefers marugoto).

2 Likes

Marugoto is definitely a teacher-led, classroom-fitting curriculum. Not necessarily useful for self-study unless one knows exactly how to implement the curriculum. But there are videos on their website that specifically guide the teacher through that implementation. It’s all in Japanese though and might be impossible to get through for a self-studier of Japanese. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

however, there’s also marugoto e learning, don’t know how that works though.

They have free self-study and tutor-led Marugoto Online courses for beginners at JF Japanese e-Learning Minato |The Japan Foundation.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.