Is there a script that hides whether you got something wrong or not?

I noticed that when I see that little strip of red go across the screen, I freak out and tend to do worse on following items. This is especially true when I have over a hundred items to review in a session.

Is it possible to hide the red/green wrong/right indicators on WK? I could check what I got incorrect at the little overview at the end of the session instead?

Thanks!

5 Likes

If you get something wrong, it will be asked again in the same session until you get it right. If you donā€™t know that you got it wrong the first time, wouldnā€™t you just answer it wrongly again and again?

3 Likes

Good point haha but I think the color red itself triggers a sort of frustration/anxiety as I do my reviews.

1 Like

You could add your own user style if you know CSS.

1 Like

Unfortunately I donā€™t, but maybe I can find the time to learn it after the JLPT :sweat_smile:

Basically you only have to overwrite these lines:

#answer-form fieldset.incorrect button,
#answer-form fieldset.incorrect input[type=text],
#answer-form fieldset.incorrect input[type=text]:disabled {
    background-color:#f03 !important
}

to something like:

#answer-form fieldset.incorrect button,
#answer-form fieldset.incorrect input[type=text],
#answer-form fieldset.incorrect input[type=text]:disabled {
    background-color:#000 !important
}
4 Likes

Thatā€™s the line for ā€œcorrectā€ though.

1 Like

You can at least turn off the level up/down indicator in general settings.

Can you somehow set the screen to greyscale? And then with automatic info click on a wrong answer, you could still know you got it wrong.

1 Like

Oops, sorry. The class name should be ā€œincorrectā€.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I havenā€™t used this in a long time, but thereā€™s an extension called ā€œStylishā€ for Chrome (I assume there are also similar extensions for Firefox etc.)

Some people here have even developed userstyles for WaniKani:

If you donā€™t want to do too much work, you can install one of these userstyles and modify the CSS a little bit to your liking. You can change text colours, background colours, font size, hide elements, etc.

2 Likes

Oh neat! I never would have found this on my own ahha thank you so much (again!) This is really helpful.

1 Like

Walang anuman :smiley:

(I kinda want to learn Filipino at some point in the future. It sounds nice to my ears).

2 Likes

Oh, and the #000 part is the color hexcode that you set it to. You can find other colors here (or make a new one with the color picker at the top): HTML Color Codes Chart šŸŽØ

I think setting it to black (which is #000) might not be ideal, haha.

(Or is the text color white for incorrect? I donā€™t remember.)

4 Likes

Thanks for the reference! Iā€™ll probably be using this for other things as well :relaxed:

2 Likes

Galing! Am shookt to see tagalog here haha Itā€™s a fun language, especially since you can get away with inserting English into it pretty much anywhere xD

1 Like

Oh, Tagalog! Iā€™m visiting the Philippines in February for two weeks before hopping over to Japan for a month, so I was torn between learning a bit of Talagog or Japanese, haha. Japanese won out for now, but I might take a stab at it in the future :smiley:

2 Likes

Most Filipinos understand or speak English (especially in the city!) because itā€™s required in school, so donā€™t worry if you donā€™t know much!

Most important phrases:

Gutom na ako (I am hungry now) and
Ang sarap! (Delicious!)

4 Likes

Look, Iā€™mā€¦ Iā€™m not just going for the food, okay? :confounded:

Alright, alright, you got me, I might be going for the food mostly. What I ate so far of filipino cuisine was delicious! Thanks for these super useful phrases, haha.

3 Likes