Idk how to say. you may find it rude

I can’t help you with WaniKani, but check out memrise.com

It’s similar to WK, and they have a lot of free courses for learning Japanese and Kanji.

1 Like

@anon91618094 Yup! You don’t need a subscription to be welcome here. (I don’t, and I’ve been around for about a year.) I hope you will find a solution, but if that’s not possible, you can still be part of the community here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Idk but tnx for advice I’ll learn Japanese the way I learned English by using dictionary and I’ll make flash cards for reviewing my lessons

Idk man I just need reviewing it’s like a drug that I’m addicted to it

4 Likes

I’ll check it out

Btw, maybe you already know it, but while the SRS side of WaniKani does indeed require payment, the information - radicals, kanji, vocab, mnemonics, audio and context sentences - is freely available even for free subscribers.

So, you can still get quite a lot out of WaniKani even without getting a paid subscription.
Anyway, best of luck to you!

P. S. Btw, I think there was recently a similar thread from someone with a similar problem…
UPDATE: Found it!

6 Likes

Yeah I know that but reviews help a lot I can’t say I’m lazy but I’ll try my best to learn this language I learned 4 other languages just by writing,reading and making flash cards now I’m master in them

1 Like

That’s really cool!
I only know two languages; Japanese will be my third one :sweat_smile:

P. S. Btw, if you want free listening practice, there is a great free podcast:

https://nihongoconteppei.com/

2 Likes

Hahaha. It’s always easier (and more fun) when you have a system lining up the reviews for you. That’s for sure. I really hope you find a way to subscribe. Anki and Memrise are probably among the best alternatives otherwise though. You can also try Duolingo for a bit to see if it suits you, though I don’t think it’s a good solution in the long term. It’s just a practice and vocabulary drilling tool.

2 Likes

Ah, good you found the other thread that I also was thinking about. Hopefully the Tofugu team has a solution. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually know those others because we had foreign neighbors and they helped me alot in the way I was I just mastered in Arabic in about 2 years Turkish 3 years English(not mastered yet but trying my best) and Japanese is my fifth and my mother language is Persian

2 Likes

Idk man maybe I tryed to make flash cards maybe they helped. unfortunately for me I wanna learn both writing and reading and it slows me down

3 Likes

Are pre-paid cards available in Iran?

Could make an anonymous transaction if so.

2 Likes

Idk I can pay with btc but there’s no option for that

3 Likes

It’s OK. In my opinion, it’s worth it, and will pay off. I’m a Chinese native speaker, and the biggest reason I remember many characters well is that I know how to write them. :slight_smile: You’ll also get faster over time once you start to see the patterns in how kanji are written.

3 Likes

IMG-20210606-WA0009

6 Likes

I learn like this write down and try to remember the sound and meaning

2 Likes

Here’s advice I gave in another thread for incorporating WaniKani into your kanji study without a subscription:

1 Like

thank you _/0_0_

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.