I’m so slow!

Welcome, @Leemarrett! I’m sure many people will reply with great tips for speeding up and/or making your learning process more efficient.

I just want to comment to let you know that going slow is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, several of us have decided we prefer to slow down enough that we can thoroughly enjoy the journey of learning Japanese, without the potential stress that can sometimes come with going at top speed. See :durtle_hello: Let’s Durtle the Scenic Route :turtle:, which I believe @distantflower has already posted a link to (in which case, I second the suggestion).

The most important thing, fast or slow or somewhere in between, IMHO, is to find a pace of learning and practice that is sustatinable, that you will be able to carry on going at a comfortable rate all the way until you reach your own personal learning goals. Going too slow could be boring; going too fast could be stressful or overwhelming. Just be mindful of how your rate of doing new lessons and the subsequent reviews is affecting your personal well-being, and you will be able to figure out the pace that works best for you personally. :smiley:

[Edit: I also second the idea to go for the lifetime subscription if you haven’t already. IMHO it’s a great deal, and eliminates any stress one might have about using their money ‘efficiently’, hence wanting to go as fast as possible. With lifetime, if you have to take a break or slow down, there’s no ‘penalty’ in doing so.
They have annual sales for lifetime subscriptions around Christmas every year, but if you just want to get it over with, it might still be a good deal to get it now. Just an idea! Of course you should check out the pricing and benefits and decide for yourself. :sweat_smile: Personally, I started around an October or so, hit level 3, and then just waited a couple months till December for the sale, so it wasn’t a terribly long wait.]

3 Likes