How many leeches did you collect?

I have only one leach and i’m still so annoyed by it. :angrykoichi:

1 Like

damn you Soil (土)

I was just thinking “haha, why would soil be so difficult?” and then I looked up my leeches and you can guess what my number 1 leech is :wink: It is apparently so bad that I can’t even remember that I keep getting it wrong that often.

I usually don’t try to write kanji but did recently start to write down all my leeches. I felt like I had to start to do something difficult because just repeating them in a digital SRS system apparently hasn’t been good enough for now. I have 33 leeches according to one of the scripts but it feels like there are more. It seems to me that some are close to being a leech and I just have been lucky and got them right a couple of times recently.

3 Likes

Which script are you using to add the leech number in your picture?

1 Like

SRS Level Progress Script.

3 Likes

I seem to have a constant of 30 leeches no matter what:

3 Likes

before this thread, I didn’t know you could have leeches in master or enlightened. I assumed after you got them to that level they wouldn’t be considered leeches anymore?

1 Like

I guess it depends on the individual. What do your numbers look like?

To hear more experienced folks talk, leeches aren’t really problematic at lower levels, it’s more when you get them at the enlightened level. So you never get them to burned because they just bounce between master and enlightened.

2 Likes

18 between just those two levels, Theres a few that i just bounce back and forth in guru that i may never remember.

1 Like

Oh you sure can

1 Like

I guess my question is how do you get something all the way to enlightened and have it still be considered a leech? Wouldn’t you have to get it correct too many times for it not to be leech-y anymore?

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

I don’t use any override-type scripts so I’m not cheating my way here which would be my first thought (if I wasn’t myself.) I’m just really really dumb.

1 Like

It’s a matter of failing to burn over and over again. c:

And if you get an item wrong often enough times in apprentice, then once you have a grasp of it your score is still weak.

I have a funny example. It took me forever to remember the reading for 出 in the beginning, and even now that it’s burned it still shows up in my wall of shame sometimes, when I’m not having trouble with more current things. ^^

3 Likes

The forgetting curve doesn’t stop at master :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

I have none! (Because I reset…)

6 Likes

I’d like to point out that 4% of my items are leeches:

(5+21+2)/(87+117+217+355) = 0.036

and for you it’s 6% (which isn’t all that different):

(35+95+55+52)/(47+226+221+740+2556) = 0.062

In fact you can argue that my percentage is less representative because it’s based on less total material, easier material, and a smaller statistical sample size than yours.

Of course we could both be dumb, but I chose to reject that idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Mine is 5.5%, and I don’t feel dumb either. c:

1 Like

So it seems I have 169 leeches in guru and about 30 in the rest. That looks really bad but it makes sense, I was really sick for a while but kept trying to progress, didn’t work out so well and ended up with a big review queue. All the many mistakes from when I got better will now be in upper guru.

Still scary to see so many.

1 Like

Sitting at 7 right now, and never been above 10! :blush:

1 Like

They’re draining me dry.

2 Likes

WELL ARENT YOU SPECIAL :triumph::triumph:

6 Likes