2. Become one with the durtles :durtle:
  3. Profit???
  4. You now have a durtle! :durtle_the_explorer: :sparkles:
12 Likes

I will become one with the durtle Lol

4 Likes

It’s more like, the durtles find you.

9 Likes

Oh, So I just wait and maybe ill get one?

1 Like

Yes, and no.

One who chases the durtle will never receive the durtle, but a durtle will not come to one who waits idly. A durtle will appear precisely when the durtle feels like it and to who it wants to.

The secrets of the durtle behavioural patterns is a mystery.

Though you could try saying durtle 5 times backwards in the mirror, it wouldn’t hurt.

21 Likes

Okay, Thank you Lol.

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard, Durtles come to you.

However if you do want to force it, how about sacrificing something to the Crabigator? Just draw a 42 cm circle, fill the edge with kanji with irregular readings, find the nearest farmer named Jourm and sacrifice his toe while chanting “I serve the Crabigator under Koichi and Durtles”. See if that works?

9 Likes

One does not simply “get” a sect name durtle.

7 Likes

So I would have to earn it?

This thread and this thread may give you some clues. Currently, just by participating in various capacities will eventually unlock common durtle names. Special names are basically awarded based on the whims of the overlords.

4 Likes

Okay, Thank you!

I think even the common ones are rewarded manually. They usually seem to be rewarded in batches, I assume when a staff member goes through the forum and hands them out. Unlike the other badges handled by the forum itself, those seem to update near instantly when some criteria is met. The relatively low amount of people with Durtles would also support this idea, but I can’t be sure. Maybe there’s a Durtle god somewhere who put some complicated system in place.

2 Likes

I have high touch which is relatively common and I have no idea why

3 Likes

Some Durtles come with references to the posts you obtained them from. You seem to have gotten yours from this one:

No idea on the logic behind it though. Durtle logic eludes me.

2 Likes

Wow I just went down a 2 hour rabbit hole and feel like I learned a little bit of WaniKani history along the way. Neat.

4 Likes

I still dont understand alot of it.

1 Like

Apologies, these are the ones I was actually referring to as “common”. Anything the staff awards I consider “special”, even if more than one person has it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.