How do you all level up so fast?

As someone who is going full speed with one level per week, I highly recommend that you do not do this unless you have a lot of time. I just recently started enlightening items and already have 130+ reviews every day.

About the how in your question, @Akashelia alrealdy answered that. My own schedule happens to be exactly the one (s)he put in the example :laughing:

If I unlock a new level, which usually happens on Saturdays at 5 or 6pm, I do my radical lessons instantly, then I have my first reviews at 9 or 10 pm, then my third reviews at 6 or 7am the next day (Sunday), then 6 or 7am the next day (Monday) again and finally, I guru the radicals from the level two days later (Wednesday), at 6 or 7am. Then I instantly do my kanji lessons and have my first reviews on the same day at 10 or 11am, the next reviews later then, at 6 or 7pm. The next day (Thursday), I have the next reviews at 5 or 6pm, and then, finally, two days later (Friday), I guru the kanji for the level at 5 and 6pm and level up.

My experience with this so far: While this might not sound too hard, it is, and it is a lot of work if you do it properly (which means not skipping any vocab lessons). In the beginning, it might seem easy, but the workload will increase extremly fast. As I already mentioned, I have 130+ reviews every day, and I haven’t even started burning items yet.

I also use the lesson picker to be able to do my radical and kanji lessons first. Also, while I generally try to avoid using it for this purpose, I also have the Reorder Omega script (which is a userscript) installed, in case the reviews that are important for leveling up end up together with 100 or more reviews of other items. So far, I had to use it only once, but if you’re serious about going at that speed consistently, it’s a good thing to have.

Another thing you have to be aware of is that you have to be able to guru enough kanji to be able to level up. To level up, you have to guru 90% of the kanji on one level. This means if you fail to many kanji, you won’t be able to level up in 7 days.

Again, I highly recommend that you think twice before going full speed. It will require a lot of time, and the workload will be insanely big. And don’t forget, you have to be able to endure this for an entire year.

And even if you have the time needed in able to conquer this, don’t forget that kanji isn’t the only thing you should care about. Don’t forget, you need grammar to use the language, practice reading and also listening, although the latter two depend on what you want to do with the language (to be honest, though, reading never hurts).

I also recommend the ultimate guide for WK, which @langties also recommended as well. I personally have never read it, but a lot of people recommend it, so I assume it’s worth reading through it.

Anyway, regardless of how you choose to encounter WaniKani, I wish you the best for your learning journey!

Sorry, but I heavily have to disagree on this one with you. While it is true that you have hundreds of reviews every day (especially when you start burning items), I don’t neglect any of my vocab lessons, nor do I have a lot of leeches, nor do I have a destroyed sleep schedule. You only have a destroyed sleep schedule if you go for the true maximum speed, which is 6d 20h. On the other hand, 7d 0h is the fastest speed you can go at without destroying your sleep schedule.

7 Likes