Hold onto my turtle. The WaniKani Sale Begins (Dec 18, 2019 – Jan 8, 2020)

I think I can do that, but once you level up you’ll probably go back to being purple.

6 Likes

So you could make my badge purple! :eyes:

As I developer, I am kind of curious what is “within your powers” without bugging the devs to change some css and other rules. :thinking:

3 Likes

It’s whatever is built into the discourse admin, so not a lot…

Level 60 badges are ALL styled gold, so that’s diving into the CSS.

But, lower levels than 60 have non-lifetime badge versions with different styles. So like, 60-lifetime, 60-paid, and 60-free all are gold. But 19-paid (blue), 19-free (gray), 19-lifetime (purple) are all styled differently. When they level up to 20, it’ll probably give them the 20-lifetime group so it’ll revert.

You, however, are stuck… unless…someone wants to be level 59 (and purple)?

7 Likes

I’m curious, can you still give people sects the old fashioned way?

4 Likes

I want to be purple ANIME%20NITRO%20EMOTE%20SERVER-1
Purple is my favourite color

Do me, do me, do me!!!

Oh, can I get this instead?!

6 Likes

I think it would be cool to always show the membership color but with a gold border to show that they hit level 60. For example:

(2px border)

(3 px border)

(I’m bad at UX and CSS, so those kinda suck though. :sweat_smile:)

8 Likes

Oh man. People are really tempting fate in this thread. So exciting :grinning:

6 Likes

Can I pay via Paypal?

Sure. Send an email to hello@wanikani.com and we’ll make it happen. We’ll send you a Paypal invoice for a Lifetime upgrade at the sale price plus any proration you may be eligible for. After you’ve paid the invoice, we’ll upgrade your account!

@koichi maybe you should charge people the lifetime sale price minus the proration :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

As @anon9242278 said… tempting fate :thinking:

I honestly don’t know the correct answer to this, but I was thinking proration is a negative number, so it’s kind of like $199 + (-x) = total. That, or we’re charging a special paypal “convenience fee” for upgrading.

8 Likes

Surprisingly the colors go together pretty well. Would make University of Washington grads happy, too.

7 Likes

I believe that the Cosmic Crabigator has a plan for me. Whatever happens, I have faith that things will work out.

That makes sense. Disregard me, I’m not a native.

2 Likes

Nah, you might be totally right! I’m just saying I made that assumption without really thinking about it.

5 Likes

Quick @viet @oldbonsai, priority feature request!

8 Likes

4 Likes

NO! DON’T LISTEN TO SEANBLUE. KEEP WORKING ON 99 CENT INCORRECT ANSWER UNDO MICROTRANSACTIONS.

33 Likes

Pay to … win?

5 Likes

It’s where all the money’s at, I hear.

16 Likes

I like it. People could pay to level quicker but not learn anything, then try to solve the problem by doing it more :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Perfect! :rofl:

9 Likes

I- I’m not crying 244082924054511616
:bowing_man: :bowing_woman: The Cosmic Crabigator has spoken :bowing_woman: :bowing_man:
:pray:t2: If this is their will, then I shall accept it :pray:t2:

9 Likes