Hold onto my turtle. The WaniKani Sale Begins (Dec 18, 2019 – Jan 8, 2020)

I thought @seanblue got a new sect title, but apparently it’s just a discourse title :frowning_face:. It’s been years since the last proper sect giveaway. /sigh

6 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

It seems pretty good if you stick with LingoDeer. I’m on the second set of lessons. It’s good for grammar and vocab and has a good review section with grammar points. For WaniKani, omg I usually do the full 70+ lessons when available and some days find myself drowning in 150+ reviews.

I don’t know whether I should be happy about this or not. :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

:slight_smile: 良いんじゃない

1 Like

Since you don’t have a level circle anymore, you can now just claim to be whatever level you want to! (and you’re also the only person that can do that)

14 Likes

I am level ∞ like @koichi. :shushing_face:

24 Likes

With great power comes great responsabilty.

3 Likes

yay, I’m now a lifer :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d like to get it, but that’s quite a bit of money. I’ll still think about it, but I’ll probably stick to monthly, sure it will cost more overall, but its easier to handle than a big amount at once.

https://gfycat.com/vastimpressivebeardeddragon

1 Like

@koichi, what if you like blue better but have a lifetime?

1 Like

The annual price already gets you a fair amount off, as others have mentioned. You can also send a very polite email to the WaniKani info account - explaining your situation and asking if they have any coupons available. This is not guaranteed. But sometimes you can get 20% off through this method.

Ah, so this is how it feels to be a lifer.

2 Likes

Just here to show off my purple circle which is a thing I now have apparently? Weeeee. Never. Not. Kanji.

2 Likes

I can’t decide if I want to get one or not. Even if it took me two years, I’d still have spent less than $200? Can’t decide.

Not only will you gain lifetime access to all current and future premium WaniKani content, but you will also be purchasing a seat on the giant Crabigator spaceship that’s totally coming. I just know it.

When will the next sale be?
If the Cosmic Crabigator finally does take us away this year, this will be the last sale ever. Otherwise, the next sale will likely be in one year. We don’t do these very often.

Is this really the last sale? Also purchasing seat on a giant spaceship, doesn’t that sound like the EtoEto coming soon and lifetimers get it for free or something? Or is this all just mad crabigatorism talk? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m also interested in the sentence book in the Tofugu store - it’s down from $40 to $5. Has anyone used it?

That would be beyond my mortal powers

5 Likes

If it’s the not happy side, let me know and I can turn it back. But boy is your badge unique!

9 Likes