Have you noticed any differences?

I’ve noticed that when I study consistently everyday, I’ve become faster at identifying old and new, even when I come across them in text. It’s really interesting how languages can change the way you think and change your brain a little, so I was curious what others might have noticed.

5 Likes

What do you mean by this? Do you have an example?

1 Like

As in, the more consistently I study, the easier it is to learn newer kanji and recall, and recall ones I’ve learned before

1 Like

I had begun wanikani just after my Japanese class in 2018 took a break for holidays. It’s now returned for 2019 and in that time I’ve reached Level 7 in WK. My reading and comprehension level now when reading through the textbook has increased dramatically – just the fact of not having to refer to dictionaries as often as I did previously makes you feel like a boss.

4 Likes

Yes! I took four years back in high school and I barely memorized any kanji particularly well, it feels so different using an SRS system, I feel like I can actually read now lol

1 Like

I realized I get tired. I need to rest several days in every 4-5 weeks.

2 Likes

I’m new here. I hope I see some diffrence in like 4 weeks. My Goal is to watch an Anime without any subtitle! Wish me luck ^^

3 Likes

I’ve also been doing WaniKani while going to Japanese class and I don’t have much trouble reading the textbook! When there’s vocabulary my pair doesn’t know, I’m usually able to guess or I know based on the kanji. It’s wild :dizzy_face: Also I know all the kanji from the kanji book beforehand :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Started WK in November and rarely stop (i sorta not do lessons during weekends but i continue doing reviews) and yup i do notice it’s easier for me to read japanese tweets now! Yahoo~

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.