Garden Appreciation Thread

Summer days in my garden.
チコリ

ローズ

エキナセア

野菜(やさい)
Screenshot from 2022-07-04 11-29-09|690x387

10 Likes

Wow, a japanese garden that actually looks like a japanese garden! (humid temperate climate helps for sure).

4 Likes

Basil likes heat and full sun. Just about the only thing we can plant here in SoCal in the middle of summer.

5 Likes

左: 長い日本語のきゅうり
右: 短いロシアのきゅうり

This says something about mumble mumble mumble

7 Likes

I have made lettuce! Now I just need to eat it all before someone else does. Yesterday was Caesar salad. Tonight maybe a nice roasted beet and goat cheese salad.

7 Likes

I watched the video.
I am glad that you saved the seed again.
I had germination issues with キュウリ this year. We have starting to get a few coming in though.
Bitter Mellon is doing better. I have seeds a Vietnamese friend gave me a few years back.
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

I saved the seed but the cucumbers I saved it in were rotting rather than drying out. So I spread the rotting guts and seeds on a piece of paper towel and thought the heat from rotting might have messed them up… buried the paper towel in a seedling tray under compost and ended up with a whole tray of seedlings :crazy_face:

I should have done a viability test on just a couple of them.

6 Likes
4 Likes

ビーツ
レドビート

8 Likes

美味しそう!

Today we made apple crumble with apples from the garden, from the old tree. Thank you old tree!

10 Likes

7 Likes

Is that top right one a melon???

4 Likes

We get days in the mid 30’s starting in May. So plenty hot for melons.

I don’t like harvesting them before they are totally ripe, but I have picked a few that were chomped by critters and starting to maybe go bad.

6 Likes

My “da’s” are never very good.

5 Likes

3 Likes