Friday May 20 2022 Content Updates

Hello everyone! I’m one of the people working on WaniKani behind the scenes :wave::blush: I’ll be posting a couple of these Content Updates while Jenny’s on vacation! よろしく〜

Radicals

(22) - Added “American football” to the allow list.

(25) - Added “endless” to the allow list.

(27) - Added “replace”, “period”, and “age” to the allow list.

Kanji

(30) - Added “allure” to the allow list.

(29) - Added たけ as kun’yomi reading.

(25) - Made “endless” primary meaning, moved “greenhouse” to allow list, added “huge” and “enormous” to allow list, and updated meaning and reading explanations.

(31) - Added “sweeping”, “clean”, and “cleaning” to allow list.

Vocabulary

撮る (30) - Added “to take a video” as alternative meaning, moved “to take a photograph”, “to photograph”, “to film” and “to take video” to allow list, added “to take” to allow list, and added two context sentences.

求める (10) - Added “to seek” to the allow list.

苦手 (11) - Added “not good at” to the allow list.

薦める (34) - Updated meaning explanation and added two new context sentences.

勧める (39) - Updated meaning explanation to include explanation on difference in nuance from 薦める, updated reading explanation, added “to offer” as an alternative meaning, and added “to urge” and “to encourage” to the allow list, and replaced a context sentence.

​​試験 (9) - Added “experienc” to block list.

見送る (11) - Added “to put off” and “to pass on” as alternative meanings, added “to pass over”, “to pass up”, and “to forgo” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and replaced a context sentence.

採用 (32) - Added “employment” as an alternative meaning and added two new context sentences.

​​気持ち悪い (14) - Added “good feeling” to block list.

便所 (11) - Moved “lavatory” to allow list, added “bog” to allow list, and added to meaning explanation.

別に (11) - Moved “not especially” and “not particularly” to the allow list, added “in addition to” as an alternative meaning, added “extra” to the allow list, and updated the meaning and reading explanations.

莫大 (25) - Updated meaning explanation.

壊れる (31) - Added “to break down” and “to break” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

売る (9) - Added “to buy something” to the block list.

(13) - Added “100 million” to the allow list.

24 Likes

Thank you, Jenny!

6 Likes

You must have it macrod

2 Likes

Nope!

2 Likes

You got it as I was hitting reply. You must be one key faster than me

1 Like

I have a lot of experience writing “Thank you, Jenny!”

5 Likes

Thanks Sayaka! And welcome!

7 Likes

@TofuguSayaka I like your avatar

6 Likes

Welcome out in public! :durtle:

Interesting that the forums isn’t calling you new…

4 Likes

Thank you, Sayaka! :grin:

3 Likes

I’m so happy about this change, and this has been a leech of mine for a while now so hopefully it should be easier to remember.

7 Likes

I guess it was actually never never meant, please tell I’m not the only one that thought of that heheh.

2 Likes

I got you, great song👌

I kind of want to make a script where that opening riff plays any time a kanji containing that radical comes up in your reviews

2 Likes

That would be amazing…

Edit: For ya’ll browsing stop and listen to this song its bloody good.

1 Like