Extra kanji

Wtf, that show sounds really cool, how can I watch it?

Would it really change that much if he said 5% instead of 0.01%. The point is that it is a prettty low number of beneficiaries for so much.

2 Likes

It is just a guess, what number would you suggest? From the badges you can see that there are 39000 basic users. How many level 60 people are there? A few hundred?

1 Like

Do you live in Japan? If you do, it’s on Sundays at 7:00PM on TBS. Here’s the official website.

If you don’t live in Japan, I don’t know if there’s a legal way for you to watch it, and I doubt anyone is ripping and making these available by torrent or something.

Given the fact that if you were actually at 60 you’ll come across most of these things through general reading of Japanese the real answer is it trends towards 0.0%.

I think you shouldn’t put the cart before the horse here.

1 Like

Based on the post I’m linking below, 1% is about right. The top graph showed 28,000 users apparently, and an eye-estimate shows around 200-300 people at level 60. Assuming 280, that would be 1%

The difference is pretty great, considering 0.01% would be 2.8 people (meaning completely false based on Leebo, Syphus, and TameneginoKame alone, listing level 60s off the top of my head), while 5% would be over 1000 users, which seems unlikely.

@acm2010 @MacMalarkey

1 Like

I was looking for that, thanks.

Edit: Ha, don’t worry about it. Just thankful for finding that link.

1 Like

5% is a much larger percentage than 0.01%, which is virtually no one. Practice intellectual honesty.

1 Like

That’s bullshit. I want to watch Japanese gameshows.

1 Like

Well, actually looks like a ton of eps are on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=東大王

Dunno if they’re blocked by region or anything, but you can try.

3 Likes

I am intellectually honest. I know that 0.01% is less then 5%. I know that creating a program 0.01% would be less useful than for 5%. My argument was that, even given this big difference, it would not be worth it to add so much content compared to, for example, adding synonyms for radicals. Please do not talk down to me like that assuming I’m ignorant while misrepresenting me, it’s quite annoying.

8 Likes

Thanks for the link! I was planning on looking that up myself after work. :smile:

1 Like

PS I’m in love with Hikaru on the 東大王 team. Don’t worry, my girlfriend knows. She likes Takushi, heh.

4 Likes

You can watch stations from Japan even without living there through a service called fuji. It’s quite expensive though.
PS why is the full word fuji-tv without the dash censored? It’s not illegal afaik.

I always wanted vocab DLC and Kanji lootboxes for April 1st but support said it could be problematic hehe

3 Likes

fujitv people were on the forums here over-promoting and got themselves banned. I guess that’s probably why.

@Leebo I just watched the first 20 minutes of the latest episode; I may be hooked! (We’ve been looking for something to replace 金の正解!銀の正解! since that seems to be on permanent(?) hiatus.)

1 Like

I can’t name more than like 3 Japanese authors off the top of my head, so the first question was pretty much impossible for me. Actually that part of the show might be my least favorite. I like the second section, where they have to be the first to write an answer from a video clue. And of course, the othello game, but the othello game isn’t there every time.

You can name three authors just within the category “Famous Japanese authors who killed themselves”, 太宰治、三島由紀夫、芥川龍之介 (His suicide note is on 青空文庫)

Same here :sweat_smile: but it was interesting to see which Western authors made the list. And the second question was right up my alley since I follow Japanese music. Then we watched the intro to the second section and it looked interesting, but it was midnight, so the rest will have to wait for tonight.

Do they always do the first section with that format? My husband said it reminded him a bit of Family Feud.

1 Like

They’ve been doing that recently, but the show changes a lot. If you go back to eps from 2017 they’re pretty different.

1 Like