Everyone here is awesome

post-38447-everything-is-awesome-gif-lego-GdJw

2 Likes

Thank you for this! needed it 100%… i have only just started my WaniKani journey and am on level 7 but have hit a slump and seem to be making no progress with the mass of vocab that has just dumped itself into my lessons and reviews.
so thank you… feel a little bit less hopeless now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

If you do not find something agreeable, something to be pleased with in Japanese as you do it, you have become a victim of a false spirit. Was a kanji done nicely, did you see how the translation expressed the 3rd context sentence, did you know the rarer meaning and use a common one in the review of a character…was there a genuine ability shown as you worked with that language? You’ve got decades to build achievements in all sorts of ways–and you will spend decades if you find how you can experience real satisfaction as you pass your time in the language. Ploddy, ploddy, onward!

1 Like

people are more likely to post about an extraordinary achievement than about being totally average. For every person that boasts a 99% answer rate there are another 20 or so that keep quiet about their less than perfect review sessions.

This, a million times.

1 Like

I really love this. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, levels 4-8 really hit me hard too. I think it’s the sudden increase in new items and finding your speed/routine.
Level 1-3 items: 84+152+121= 357
Level 4-6 items: 184+191+187= 562

But, after you get past the initial slump and find your rhythm it gets much easier and less overwhelming. Keep at it, you’re doing awesome just like this thread!

2 Likes

Thanks for this post! I’ve been struggling trying to get back into my languages since I got sick in January. And a lot going on all at once in life, been feeling bad that I’m neglecting Japanese. I’ve tried getting back into it but just don’t have the energy to focus.
So thank you, for letting me feel okay for taking a much needed break! :relaxed::two_hearts:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.