Every Item Burned

Which level were you taking? 5級 or something higher?

Screw it, I’ll probably never get another context to share this video ever again.

Congrats anyway.

1 Like

What is from the person who struggled to get to level 7 in ten months, the post or the advice?

1 Like

I’m a little more gruntled today — I shouldn’t have called them out. It just bothered me yesterday reading advice from someone that ignored the most important advice from Wanikani itself:

Do [your reviews] every day, without fail. Probably even on Christmas.

The contrast with @Frankie3 not feeling the need to provide unsolicited advice after freaking burning all 9,060 items this week just put me over the edge.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Dang it! That wasn’t in the dictionary when I was a kid. Kills the joke!

Edit: Wrong as usual:

Oxford dictionary says it means “pleased, satisfied” – the word was derived from disgruntled in the 1930s. Oxford English Dictionary Confirms, gruntled seems to be the opposite of disgruntled . Definition: Pleased, satisfied, contented.Nov 4, 2009

Err… Maybe not. That the joke was used in the 30’s doesn’t mean it was in the dictionary.

5 Likes

I’m fully confident in everything I burned. I work in Japan at a Japanese company and use Japanese everyday. I’ve also started studying for kanken and focused a lot on kanji for that.

2 Likes

It came up when I took level 5 but I’m currently studying for level 3.

2 Likes

I stand in the shadow of Your greatness.

3 Likes

Nothing in the Torah says you can’t do your WK reviews on Christmas

4 Likes

I’m told the Talmud Yerushalmi is often fragmentary and difficult to read, even for experienced Talmudists. It’s at least possible you’ve missed something.

I’ll stop now lest the burning recommences.

3 Likes

I think Chapter One of the Avodah Zarah prohibits using WaniKani during the Lifetime Sale

2 Likes

I did two reviews on my phone before deciding to do the rest on my computer. Here is a picture of the final item I burned. Thanks again WaniKani, it’s been great.

21 Likes

Wish you all the best in your journey to master Japanese outside of WaniKani! Hope you stop by sometimes still :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing, really hope I can get there one day

1 Like

Heh. Seems like a smart-aleck final comment from WK!

(I understand why that one took a while to burn, though. Such a weird reading and meaning.)

4 Likes

I actually never got it wrong, it was just one of the final words they added. I learned this word awhile ago from an anime.

6 Likes

#goals lmao

1 Like

lol. WK calling you a freeloader

3 Likes

Chapter One (nine mishnayot) deals with the prohibition of trade with idolaters around their festivals

Not if the Tofugu staff convert to Judaism it doesn’t. Atheism might work as well, depending on how “idolater” is defined.

(In all seriousness, does anyone know how that works in practice? Most of the world isn’t Jewish, and it seems impractical to not trade with non-Jews at all during non-Jewish holidays. Short festivals, like one or two days, sure. The modern Western Christmas season goes on for about 2 weeks liturgically, and much longer commercially.)

1 Like