Error in English Meaning 人類

It appears there is an error in the English meaning for 人類

I have been typing “types of people” for some time…unsure if this is actually an acceptable answer but it does not show up in the list of meanings (as pictured). It says that “Mankind, Race Of People, Humanity, Humankind” are the only acceptable answers.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Just shares enough letters with “race of people” to get through the fuzzy correct answer logic

2 Likes

I see! As an aside, happens with 人種 as well. I think it may be a bit confusing just because I am giving that answer that based on the meanings of the kanji, which I suppose it not correct.

Thanks for the quick response! :slight_smile:

Yeah, this is a feature, not a bug. It’s just going to happen sometimes.

1 Like

My mnemonic for this: the name of the anime series 人類は衰退しました (Humanity Has Declined). :grin:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, it’s probably more helpful to think of this one as “humanity”/“humankind” anyway–not only to separate it from the simultaneous 人種, which is absolutely about distinct groups, but also because that matches its most common uses.

Like, it can be used to refer to a distinct culture or group, but it’s also one of the more common words for referring to humankind in a kind of academic way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.