*ekg's leech battle blog - a study log of sorts

Time for another update! :high_touch:

I have finally gotten apprentice level items under control, meaning reviews are generally under 100/ day or around that. Comparatively, there was quite a jump in numbers at the start of my return to WK. I’m not doing as badly on them anymore, so I’m even burning some items. That being said, most items fall down to Guru or Apprentice.

Since I now feel like I have a good routine going reviewing the old stuff, and it’s not overwhelming in any way, I felt like adding a bit to the pile. :muscle:

I’m using @rfindley’s Burn Manager script to unburn kanji in bulk (you can find it here: [Userscript] Burn Manager (Review / Resurrect / Retire)).

I’m going through 1 level at the time, starting at the Hell levels sine I felt I they might need it most. So, far I’m done with lv 31-34. And by done, I mean, I unburn the level’s kanji, then keep reviewing them until I feel reasonably sure about them - also by using the Study Mode to go over “Recent Mistakes” - then, after a day of cramming the items I retire them back to burn. Next day, I unburn the next level kanji to go cram that day.

Lv 35 kanji coming up tonight

It might seem like a lot to go through all kanji in a day, but not all items need revising (apparently my brain do sometimes remember stuff). And this is a great way of finding out which items I need to put some effort into studying again. ^>^

So, far I feel like this refresher is simple enough to do and helpful in reminding me of all I’ve learnt these past years doing WK. There are no demands on how much time to put on a level. Any kind of reviewing is fine. :slight_smile:

It’s kind of nice to also bring in “new” items, even if temporary, among the reviews I have right now, since they’re either leeches or recently failed burn-reviews. So, it’s a good reminder of the joys of learning, even if it’s a struggle at times. :sweat_smile:

Studying is great, just remember to nap! :cat2:

7 Likes