Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

That makes me wonder… Did we lose any people going down there…?

4 Likes

We did lose a lot of people in the sense that they stopped caring about the descent.
(Me included, although I came back because of the emails)

7 Likes

Or were they devoured?..

3 Likes

Maybe they were turned, and now watch over you from your review pile

4 Likes

Perhaps, but we gained some as well…myself included, I guess. Maybe that’s the durtle way. I live for ARGs and descents into durtle heaven, dontcha know.

That’s still better than Bipple and Brodo watching over me from there. shudder

2 Likes

I have two questions still.
Do we know what was the reason for descending for Diggers? They needed durtles for something?

And also, I’m confused about the races. So, there’re Durtles (do they have connection to turtles? What happens when you burn them? Do they eat people?), those Diggers (who are… what race exactly?) and people

And thinking about it, did @a-regular-durtle hope that Koichi would redurtle, so… become a durtle or what? :thinking:

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware from having read the story…I wonder.

See below:

We know that there are (at the very least) durtles, humans, zebras, and monkeys. And these Diggers, but I think that’s more of a profession, unless it’s a metaphor for crabs. We know the Diggers worship the Crabigator.

Uh, well, I think @a-regular-durtle thought Koichi would redurtle once he was burned. As in, he’d come back to life. Turns out only durtles can do that…

4 Likes

Oh, right, I thought it sounded a lot like the two steps (finding the websites using a script rather than the hint (could be the forced entry mentioned), and then solving the book cipher. But yeah, that was the kanji code for Mrs. Chou, I forgot about it in the mix =) )

2 Likes

Can’t believe I’m that interested in this absurd lore.

7 Likes

I can’t believe I learned it all in a day. And here I thought I was going to be productive at work today…
Nine posts until durtles…I hope…

6 Likes

I don’t really think we will get a hint a few hours after we advanced in the puzzle

3 Likes

If not, we could get @shadykit in here. If I remember correctly, she attracts regular durtles.

2 Likes

Tried a bunch of stuff that could potentially burn like

• turtle
  • turtle shell
  • kanji
  • koichi
  • criminal
  • human
  • friend
    but none of them were the password…
6 Likes

Maybe, but at least I don’t mind a “Oooooh ooooh friends” of encouragement.

5 Likes

That would be lovely yes. Maybe a-regular-durtle is Captain Bottomfingers?

3 Likes

I also wouldn’t mind seeing something interesting happen while I’m awake…for another half hour…
Oh, the irony of being on a kanji learning website, only for most of the forum activity to happen while Japan is sleeping.

3 Likes

I knooow :weary:

1 Like

Thank you for trying anyhow! I tried a bunch of variants on romaji transliterations of “kame” and the like earlier just in case, but no luck. I wonder if they’re looking for Roman letters, or kanji this time…?
Burn all the 甲!!!

4 Likes

7000! :tada:

dont forget it‘s
TOMAKEMOREDURTLESYOUMUSTBURNIT
to make MORE durtles you must burn it

i read it a few times without the „more“ now

2 Likes

If we burn one durtle, does it redurtle into multiple durtles?

So, burning @a-regular-durtle and @eGoooott until we have 240 durtles might let us reach the clue at the bottom of the pit. Or it might have been a trap all along to make the durtles defeat the Crabigator, and Koichi was warning us. :thinking:

Edit: It’s already been said before

3 Likes