Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

Did anyone already posit that since up is down and Heaven and Hell are reversed, that we’re already in Durtle Hell? (We are).

1 Like

New info:
When I ascended to level 6 on WaniKani, which is roughly the 240th Kanji, I got the email notification with the following hidden message. EDIT: Fairly certain we’re on the right track, since level 26th email refers to the Durtle in B2, thanks @pahko and @dasding!

Message Screenshot

The image within the mail has what looks like to be a message on the tomato as well but the resolution isn’t good enough to make out the details.

Tomato Text

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

EDIT: Looks like each level up e-mail may contain a piece of the clue! Everyone, please help by checking your email and you can help by contributing here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b594hcK9QqmNumnWpbAAeUEQ8QBMSOl6Yu7jdOw-PXU/edit?usp=sharing

To check the hidden message in gmail

Step 1: Click on the hamburger menu then click "Show Original"

Step 2: Search for the second Koichi then the message should be below it

16 Likes

This looks promising! Can you post the exact content?

This got me curious. I didn’t get an email when I ascended to level 6 a few weeks ago, but I recently got seven days ago when I ascended to level 9, but I assumed it was normal. There’s a secret message in mine too :open_mouth:

“When I awoke, a man was standing over me.
=E2=80=9CGot an answer from the queen,” he said. =E2=80=9CLooks like I=E2=
=80=99m coming with you."

I think those symbols correspond to Kanji because the 大事 became =E5=A4=A7=E4=
=BA=8B in the code.

Screenshots here

43%20AM

edit: Nevermind, they’re UTF-8 codes. Everyone who leveled up since we got to B4 should probably check their emails though and maybe we can construct the story.

1 Like

Yep, they‘re utf-8, just checked. So:

Level 6: „Death and madness is what lies ahead,“ is what they say. „The lucky ones burned before the madness set in.“
Level 9: When I awoke, a man was standing over me. „Got an answer from the queen,“ he said. „Looks like I‘m coming with you.“
Level 10: „Good news indeed!“ I exclaimed.
"Every other swordsman claims these durtle shells are uncuttable,“
said Ugly Brodo.

If we need every single level, this is going to take a long time… Maybe someone who recently got to 60 can check theirs…

4 Likes

This is making me regret missing some of my apprentice reviews. I won’t get to level 10 until Monday.

1 Like

I checked the Christmas holiday non-congratulatory email and there doesn‘t seem to be any comment. Just the levels apparently.

I think it’s only emails from after getting to B4. I just restarted WaniKani in December and I didn’t get any level emails until this one.

edit: I guess this is what the “do your reviews” and “let the clues wash over you” means. The clues are literally being emailed to us when we level up.

4 Likes

Maybe I’ll get one in a few days. I’m not going to help solve the puzzle, but I can at least post the clue if I get one.

5 Likes

Mine for level 10 image

Text:
=E2=80=9CGood news indeed!=E2=80=9D I exclaimed.
"Every other swordsman claims these durtle shells are uncuttable,=E2=80=9D =
said Ugly Brodo.

4 Likes

WAIT. What if we need all 60 of those emails? :thinking: Is this a possible thing?

@trunklayer have you recieved any, since you reset, for level two, maybe?

2 Likes

Yes, I did at level 2! :sweat_smile:
It’s very nyaaaaaice of コウイチ先生 to send these letters! :email:

2 Likes

Can you open the source of that letter and maybe see if there’s a clue?:3 I searched for <! – without a space and found it that way:3

2 Likes

It‘s possible… I‘m going to update the wiki with what we have.

3 Likes

Seeing how 9 and 10 go right after one another, it seems like it’s the case. But finding 60 people with different levels is hard D::

3 Likes

No, mine doesn’t have those…
Oh well, I think I don’t deserve secret meowssages from コウイチ先生 anyway - I could have been level 60 long ago, but I’ve let myself be defeated by the Great Cat of Purrocrastinyaaaaaation several times… :cat2:

UPDATE: As thanks to @Tyger さん、I foud out that mine does actually have a secret meowssage - I just needed to view the plain letter, not the plain page with letter…

4 Likes

That’s a shame :C Mine was somewhere more down than the first message, so i though mine didn’t have it for a second:D

3 Likes

I can confirm that the levels are the same. I just leveled up to 10 and it’s the same as FlamySerpent’s.
At first I tried looking at the page source but didn’t find it. You have to look at the raw message to find the hidden messages.
I’m not sold that this is part of our descent but at least we have something to do. Great job Liyuan for finding this!

2 Likes

I thought I leveled up to 23 after we got to b4, but I don’t seem to have gotten an email, so I was probably just misremembering. I guess I can give you the code for level 24 when I get there if no one else does it first, at least!

Great find!
@trunklayer, could you check the raw message? (Not the page source)

2 Likes