Coddiwomple-ing through WaniKani - A study log

Things I have learned on the 27th May

• The lesson balance script is abandoned, and blurs my screen. I have replaced this with the lesson filter script. I am in the process of reading threads about it to make sure I don’t miss-use it. My intention is to get some of that Vocab started early so it does not swamp the next level!
  • Look ahead at the level’s vocabulary while waiting for reviews/lessons
  • While doing my homework for class today, I found it far easier to just use kanji for the numbers. Yay! However, it did let me slack on remembering precise spelling and pronunciation. Boo :cry:
  • To do: Find a script that turns reviews into bite sized chunks.
    Edit: it is a basic function! New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!] - #1687 by Leebo
  • Community forums are addictive. Browse with care!
  • Okay so my lessons and reviews are lagging A LOT. I have to keep something else at hand to look at while I wait for the pages to unfreeze. I have an awful suspicion it is because of the scripts :cry:

Brainstorming fixes:

1. Use fewer scripts.
  2. Try different browsers
  3. ???
  4. Go ahead and add more scripts anyway! :sweat_smile:

The past week I have done so much reading about how to learn Japanese, how to learn a language, even how to learn in general. (My bookmarks have gone out of control!) However, in my Japanese class tonight I did not feel as prepared for what we were doing. I had to check the book for the vocabulary we were using, and I think I made some mistakes in my homework too. Next week, I won’t let my performance drop!

• I didn’t meet my classmates (online, there is a pandemic on yo) this week. See if we can arrange a study session this week, that does help.
  • Anki deck: I have one, so keep working on it
  • Add useful notes from the lessons to a new Anki deck. Bonus vocabulary that comes up, little explanations of grammar, culture, etc
  • I would like to have a nice set of notes written up on the textbook. But I need to find a purpose to it beyond going over my notes if I want to find my motivation.
  • I would also very much like to take a nice set of notes from each lesson that has been recorded. This I am more likely to do, because I have the goal of making those Anki cards, and finding those non-textbook extras that I have not pinned down.
    remembers that the coming four days are a little busy
    Okay, for this week just aim to do enough to pick my performance up at least a tiny bit!
3 Likes