Check my grammar

If I understand it right.

Koko only for location like(koko wa gakko desu).
Kore only for items(kore wa pen desu).
Kono for random stuff like(kono wa inu desu).

Not quite… これ can be any “thing”, as long as it is physically or psychologically near the speaker. It can be physical, abstract, or a place too. It just means “this.”

この is prenominal (before nouns). You can’t say このは[something]. You can only say この[something]

In English we don’t differentiate between the “this” in “this is a pen” and “this pen”, but in Japanese they do.

これはペンです (this is a pen)
このペンです (it’s this pen)

And koko also means this, which “this” can I refer to.

You were right that ここ is limited to locations. It can’t be used as a generic “this.” It means “here,” whether that is a physical or abstract place.

ここはがっこうです does not mean “this is a school,” it means “here is a school,” even if English speakers would say “this is a school” to mean “(this place / here) is a school.”

Thinking about Japanese grammar in terms of English grammar (too much) is not a great idea. Obviously everyone needs a foothold to start from, but don’t get caught up on translation details, because translations have a variety of purposes, and being one-to-one grammatical representations is usually not one of them.

Ye I have noticed that. I really just want to think Japanese without my dutch or english.
Same when I speak russian I really just speak it without thinking in another langauge and I know what I’m saying. But I quess it’s alot of practice and before you know that english translation voice in your mind will shut down.