BU$TAFELLOWS 💰 Chapter 3 : リンボ (Visual Novel Book Club)

Chapter 3 : リンボ route

This is being read as part of the Visual Novel Book Club. Another VN, 9-nine-ここのつここのかここのいろ, is being read at the same time, feel free to join both clubs!

bustafellowsCover
BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag: Home Thread

Previous Part: Chapter 2
Next Part: Chapter 4

Reading + Choices

Week Start Date Chapter
Week 5 Jan 13th Chapter 3
Week 6 Jan 20th Cont.

The choices are under double spoiler. So you can unblur one choice at the time (minimizing spoilers). OBS! Some choices have a time limit.

Choices for Chapter 3 for リンボ route in order:

私も会いたいな

やめておく

Guides if you want to check choices yourself (link to English guide for those reading on PC)

These are the general links to the guides. You’ll need to navigate to the current route yourself.
Japanese guide #1
Japanese guide #2
English guide - this is a review (that links to all the guides), so don’t read past the walkthrough links unless you are okay with spoilers. It does note when minor spoilers start and then major spoilers. Reader beware!

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter/part and any content in future chapters/parts.
  • When asking for help, do your best to provide context. Pasted text, screenshots, descriptions, etc. Unlike book clubs we can’t flip to relevant pages, so we may need a little help identifying exactly what is being discussed.
  • Feel totally at ease to ask questions or give your thoughts, any time! Clubs live and die by participation, and asking whatever question you have, no matter how silly it may seem, helps others who are reading it and even the answerer themselves.
  • Have fun, and do your best to interpret anything said with as much good faith as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading this VN but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the VN

0 voters

3 Likes

Not a spoiler if you are past the first choice:

Wow, テウタ and モズ talking about their potential dead siblings in a shop with country music as the background music was special x)

8 Likes

I’m past both choices and it seems like the story for this episode hasn’t really kicked off yet at all. I’m guessing it will be about the vaccine/virus at the start? Anyway, I’m invested in what they will name the cat

7 Likes

Feels weird to read about a hypothetical virus spread right after a pandemic, good thing it wasn’t during, would have felt all too real!

4 Likes

Has anybody finished reading chapter 3? I’m still in it, not sure how long to go. The latest Archive I have unlocked is #26

1 Like

Just finished Chapter 3 :slight_smile: in terms of length, I think it’s slightly longer than the other ones?

If you want to know if you’re anywhere near it, my % is: 13% , last Archive unlocked 26

Thoughts about the chapter, big spoilers: I don’t get why after テウタ goes back in time to save ルカ’s life, they never worry about who killed her and why?

4 Likes

I’ve also finished this chapter. This game continues to be real fun! Also thought this chapter was a bit longer than the last one.

I thought this too! Surely when she’s like “alright, got to head back to work” that should have been a worry! I mean I’m guessing someone in the police killed her because she was too close to uncovering something?

Other misc comments about the chapter Everyone was so cute at the end in their chill hang out wear! Especially scarecrow with the little cat scratch on his head. He’s still my fave I think, though I pretty much continue to love every character except Helvética who is still a big creep bleh.

3 Likes

Oops I never posted any thoughts, let’s see what I remember :joy: Like others have said it’s always interesting reading about pandemic things now haha, pretty dark themes as usual! And then the ルカ stuff… ouch, definitely feels like we’re getting into some more big picture plot stuff with that. I’m also very concerned about the surgeon テウタ just completely interrupted?? Like we keep talking about how messing with the past is dangerous, and uh… that seems like it could be bad. I was trying to remember if we knew anyone who’d be getting surgery but I couldn’t think of any, still worried though.

My assumption is we just haven’t gotten there yet, I think it’s probably too tied to the overarching plot for it to fit into what was already a longer chapter, but that’s all speculation really :eyes: these mysterious disappearances and experiments and organizations seem likely to be connected imo

I’m wondering if that varies by route :eyes:

4 Likes

yes it does, I could see that from the achievement page :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah yes that makes sense! I’ll continue to live in fear of the Helvetica route :joy:

5 Likes

Just finished this! This one took me about 8h so not too different from the previous ones. This chapter felt a lot less self-contained than the others, it seems a lot of the things being introduced will be relevant for the whole game. Last chapter we got to know more about シュウ and this chapter felt more about モズ. I thought I might like him from his personality but this chapter confirmed it. クロ is being endearingly funny as always, and I can’t believe ヘルベチカ, he is a little shit how dare he say that to テウタ. I’m kinda hoping he has a really good reason to be like that and changes at some point but am secretly afraid that’s just what some people are into?

Yes! Like what’s the point if she can just get re-murdered any other moment? But I guess that’s for another chapter.

Yeah that was funny, especially the ones usually dressed more formally.

I have no idea if it’ll become a whole thing later of they’ll just brush it off but it did seem pretty risky. Last time she came back to check on the person so I’d expect the same this time but idk.

Ohhh, that’s fun. Nice way to check which route you’re on too.

Welp that was a lot of quotes. Gotta keep reading to answer my own questions I guess.

As a side note, I found it funny that there was a ヒルダ in this game as well as in ルーパーズ, but this one was a man.

6 Likes

Finished the chapter!

I wonder if there’s going to be a time we try and go back in time to save someone and it doesn’t work. I almost thought being put in the body of a doctor that was urgently needed would stop us from making it in time. I like that even with the time travel ability it isnt guaranteed that we’ll be able to fix everything, so there’s still tension. Also テウタ’s voice actress was great during this sequence, with her panic at finding Luka and her relief after she’s safe.

I thought about that too, like someone could have died because of that. Before I wasn’t thinking about how random people are having their bodies stolen from them for a period of time everytime we go back, that has the potential to be really bad.

I’m happy that all of us reading have been able to share a mutual dislike for ヘルベチカ. Its weird that he’s in there as a character we’re supposed to want to date

I was wondering if that was the case. I still think that Max sounds too dog-like, but its better than 猫 or sharing テウタ’s name

7 Likes

Once again, since I’m a bit late to the party, you guys have mentioned a lot already. I read this over two days, I wonder how many hours I actually spent… :sweat_smile:

Helvetica is definitely bottom list for me too. I don’t feel like I was particularly surprised by his idiotic comments, and Teuta handled it so well. Gosh, I would have been an embarrassed and offended mess.

I really liked that Teuta went and checked on the person she’d become in the last chapter, making sure they were okay, and we can only hope she does the same with surgeon and that everything went fine. :see_no_evil:

Also, like why isn’t Teuta more traumatized? I don’t know how much time passes, if any between episodes, but it wasn’t that long ago she saw dead Limbo, right? And now Luka too. (Also, am I the only one that finds it so weird for it to be Luka and not Ruka? I don’t know, I always think of らりるれろ as ra ri ru re ro…)

Like she’s amazingly composted and functioning for someone who just saw their best friend die. In some ways, I hope we will get some more emotional fallout from that. I can’t imagine it is the kind of thing you can just shrug off even if you manage to unmake it… On the other hand, maybe that would be a bit of dark turn in tone? Although, it has gone dark a few times already, hasn’t it? :thinking:

Ah well, I guess I will see in the next chapter.

4 Likes

This happens a lot in translations, as Japanese doesn’t have a L. In Final Fantasy 2, one of the main character is Leila or Reira depending on the translations.

3 Likes

I think Luka is actually a name too, while I’m not sure Ruka is. But I guess it sounds more like they say Ruka so Luka just feels so wrong.

And yeah, One Piece have it too, the Luffy vs Ruffy debate.

1 Like