BU$TAFELLOWS 💰 Chapter 3 : リンボ (Visual Novel Book Club)

Chapter 3 : リンボ route

This is being read as part of the Visual Novel Book Club. Another VN, 9-nine-ここのつここのかここのいろ, is being read at the same time, feel free to join both clubs!

bustafellowsCover
BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag: Home Thread

Previous Part: Chapter 2
Next Part: Chapter 4 (preliminary starting on January 27th)

Reading + Choices

Week Start Date Chapter
Week 5 Jan 13th Chapter 3
Week 6 Jan 20th Cont.

The choices are under double spoiler. So you can unblur one choice at the time (minimizing spoilers). OBS! Some choices have a time limit.

Choices for Chapter 3 for リンボ route in order:

私も会いたいな

やめておく

Guides if you want to check choices yourself (link to English guide for those reading on PC)

These are the general links to the guides. You’ll need to navigate to the current route yourself.
Japanese guide #1
Japanese guide #2
English guide - this is a review (that links to all the guides), so don’t read past the walkthrough links unless you are okay with spoilers. It does note when minor spoilers start and then major spoilers. Reader beware!

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter/part and any content in future chapters/parts.
  • When asking for help, do your best to provide context. Pasted text, screenshots, descriptions, etc. Unlike book clubs we can’t flip to relevant pages, so we may need a little help identifying exactly what is being discussed.
  • Feel totally at ease to ask questions or give your thoughts, any time! Clubs live and die by participation, and asking whatever question you have, no matter how silly it may seem, helps others who are reading it and even the answerer themselves.
  • Have fun, and do your best to interpret anything said with as much good faith as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading this VN but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the VN

0 voters

3 Likes

Not a spoiler if you are past the first choice:

Wow, テウタ and モズ talking about their potential dead siblings in a shop with country music as the background music was special x)

7 Likes

I’m past both choices and it seems like the story for this episode hasn’t really kicked off yet at all. I’m guessing it will be about the vaccine/virus at the start? Anyway, I’m invested in what they will name the cat

5 Likes

Feels weird to read about a hypothetical virus spread right after a pandemic, good thing it wasn’t during, would have felt all too real!

1 Like

Has anybody finished reading chapter 3? I’m still in it, not sure how long to go. The latest Archive I have unlocked is #26

Just finished Chapter 3 :slight_smile: in terms of length, I think it’s slightly longer than the other ones?

If you want to know if you’re anywhere near it, my % is: 13% , last Archive unlocked 26

Thoughts about the chapter, big spoilers: I don’t get why after テウタ goes back in time to save ルカ’s life, they never worry about who killed her and why?

2 Likes

I’ve also finished this chapter. This game continues to be real fun! Also thought this chapter was a bit longer than the last one.

I thought this too! Surely when she’s like “alright, got to head back to work” that should have been a worry! I mean I’m guessing someone in the police killed her because she was too close to uncovering something?

Other misc comments about the chapter Everyone was so cute at the end in their chill hang out wear! Especially scarecrow with the little cat scratch on his head. He’s still my fave I think, though I pretty much continue to love every character except Helvética who is still a big creep bleh.

Oops I never posted any thoughts, let’s see what I remember :joy: Like others have said it’s always interesting reading about pandemic things now haha, pretty dark themes as usual! And then the ルカ stuff… ouch, definitely feels like we’re getting into some more big picture plot stuff with that. I’m also very concerned about the surgeon テウタ just completely interrupted?? Like we keep talking about how messing with the past is dangerous, and uh… that seems like it could be bad. I was trying to remember if we knew anyone who’d be getting surgery but I couldn’t think of any, still worried though.

My assumption is we just haven’t gotten there yet, I think it’s probably too tied to the overarching plot for it to fit into what was already a longer chapter, but that’s all speculation really :eyes: these mysterious disappearances and experiments and organizations seem likely to be connected imo

I’m wondering if that varies by route :eyes: