Burning out

You right most of the time I dont recongize them and yea most of time are the same.

i agree, you don’t sustain sanity with 350 apprentice items for long. whatever you planned to do, delay until this is fixed :slight_smile: @op

1 Like

Last time I had 350 apprentice items ended up with 543 days vacation mode and a reset ten levels down.

4 Likes

ouch :wink:
never had that many and managed to quit for a while anyway. wish i had pulled through back then.

hm? where’s this statistic come from? as far as I know I guess you could take the 22 people per month stat and multiply it to how many month’s since Wanikani AD. WKAD? or maybe something like After Kouichi Birth.

Also if I look at my own graph it’s pretty bad. (i’ll post it after I finally get this wild train ride over) I agree with most people that part of it’s motivation and the desire to learn more characters and the other half is keeping your learning to a manageable degree. Which entails keeping your apprentice levels at a reasonable level and going through all your learned items and create silly/stupid mnemonics.

3 Likes

If that’s the case, then it sounds like you should stop doing any new lessons and focus on really learning and cementing your existing Apprentice items. Getting that number down to something more manageable (~100 ish depending on your preferences) will lighten your daily workload considerably. With that in place, you’ll feel much more able to tackle new material.

4 Likes

From the forum. You can always see how many people are at your level with your registration type (free, paid or lifetime). A little while ago, we asked level 60s to check those numbers for us (in the race to the cake thread).
It’s also possible to get those data from the forum directly, but it requires a bit of scrapping.

NB: of course, that limits data to people with a forum account, i.e. people who visited at least once. The actual number might be much higher (I don’t think so, though).
It would be nice to see if there was a significant change to the number of forum members after the overhaul :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Haha, i was going to answer and then I thought, maybe someone already answered

And it was you!!

thanks

1 Like

Where do you find that information?

Check @level-53-lifetime

2 Likes

Here:

@level-53-free
@level-53-lifetime
@level-53-paid

I think you can only access the one you belong to.

2 Likes

You can sometimes access one level below you too since the forum is not correctly removing you from a given group. I can still see myself in (and access) level-58-lifetime

1 Like

Are you enjoying being able to see @level-60-lifetime?

1 Like

:eyes:

The truth is… I can’t access any :rofl: not paid, not the level under me… nor… xD

1 Like

Really? Even with a direct link?
https://community.wanikani.com/groups/level-60-lifetime

1 Like

Ohh, that I can access :v::grin:

249 people, in case you’re wondering.

4 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that Discourse is somehow not doing its thing with @s anymore for groups.
It may be a security measure, so that people can’t brute force potential secret group names until Discourse informs them they have found something :confused:

3 Likes

Hey, neat! you’re mostly going to be the 250th in your group

2 Likes

There are 33 other people in the group though.
Also, we’ve been derailing the thread like crazy, so I’m going to stop here. Sorry OP.

3 Likes

I think, I will set as goal, 50 voc everyday with good focus and mnemonics. Instead of throwing 500 through my throat and don’t remember half of it.
Which is not a big deal because like I said I have enough time.

As to kanji and radicals, most of the time I have them good, which is most important to keep lvling.

1 Like