Brain Dysfunction

2 Likes

Do you ever do reviews with a flick kana board on your phone? Won’t help with your English problem, but might mitigate mistakes on the Japanese end. On the keyboard I have installed now, it can automatically switch between kana/handwriting and romaji input.

4 Likes

Oh I can’t do reviews on my phone. I need to do them on my computer. Both cause of bigger (I can read normally on phone, but reviews I want HUGE :wink: ) but just hate typing on phone. I am 10 times worse at typing ANYTHING on the phone =P

3 Likes

I have the same problem but lugging around a computer sometimes isn’t an option so I have to do it on my phone instead…

1 Like

Funnily enough, I find the flick keyboard on my phone way more natural for kana input. It just feels much easier to directly link the sound I want to the action required to produce it. If I try and do reviews on my desktop I keep fumbling the kana input.

On the other hand typing English on a phone does suck.

2 Likes

There is a (unsupported) script that won’t allow you submit answer with okurigana mismatch:

2 Likes

It’s legit. I’ve been using it for over a year now. The developers are on here: https://community.wanikani.com/t/ios-tsurukame-native-app-with-offline-lessons-and-reviews/30635/641

They’ve done a pretty good job in keeping it up to date with the WK changes.

Honestly, on phone keyboards is the one place a redo script is unequivocally required IMO.

2 Likes

I do that, too, and it really helps. I look and see where the differences are, and seldom miss it again.

1 Like

Yeah, actually just yesterday I found myself confused between 雪, 雲, and 電. So I compared them to each other to see the difference in radicals. Then I went over the mnemonics given by WaniKani and re-established their meaning.

3 Likes

It’s a third-party app made by users that want a better mobile interface. If you have any suggestions, just drop by the official forum thread! :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.